View Poll Results: Is it hard for you to sell of your beloved dragons?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 87.50%
  • Not that much

1 12.50%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: My Dragon City :)

It was a hard thing to do, I had to sell off a lot of my cute dragons back to SP. It wasn't like I was forced to, or I didn't have space, it was because I suddenly realized that I've nothing more to achieve in DC. I've all the pure elemental dragons, all lvl 30 and fully trained. I try to get all the unique dragons whenever I can get my hands on their eggs. Yet I loved my Terra and vulcano dragons. The day I started the game, the first dragon I got was the vulcano from the breeding mountain. I also had some 37 gems from completing a survey. And I bought -if I remember right- some 22.5K food (double food promo) and fed it all to my vulcano and terra. And for a long time, my vulcano was a trusted defender of my island. I loved it dearly since level 20 or so. After that it became old with three gold medals, and I let it retire. For a long time it was surviving on the "Dragon pension fund". But today when I finally decided to sell all of my primary, hybrids, rare hybrids or twins or triplets, the vulcano was the hardest to let go off. And I can't think about selling my terra. It'll live as long SP runs its servers.

The reason I decided to clean up is I had all the 33 habitats with some 70+ dragons and it was hard to see anything. It was a lovely oper-crowded jungle in a sense. I wanted my dragons to know who their master is. So I moved a lot of the clutter to the 2nd and 3rd islands, freeing up space on the first to put my initials written with glowy flowers. And there is a Deus statue and the bottom of my initials that seems to bow down to my name. I had to spend a lot of gems to get some dragon statues, and its worth it. It is also for the visitors to know whose island they are visiting.
    Fullscreen capture 222013 105426 PM.jpg

I bought my 4th island with the sole intention of making it a solemn place, the color and the name of the island are just perfect. So I wrapped it up in gold (super tile) and placed various temples and statues with the stadium in the center. Here it is:
    Fullscreen capture 232013 14915 AM.jpg

I put a flag curtain around the breeding area, the enclosure includes the breeding mountain, the ultra breeding tree and the hatchery with some egg statues to ensure complete peace of mind to my dragons during their private play times. You can see the attached pictures
    Fullscreen capture 222013 113051 PM.jpgFullscreen capture 222013 105407 PM.jpg

Your feedback will be highly regarded And it will be great if you guys throw in an advice or two
    Last edited by brokenstar9; 02-03-2013 at 07:42.

What a cool post! I felt a little like I was reading about myself. I painfully remember
    when I literally had just the one spot left (if you can call a space in the kindergarten "a
    spot" which ironically was filled with unaging pure elementals) and still, I had some
    pures to collect along with prize dragons that kept being offered. I freaked out and first
    came to this forum foaming at the mouth and screamingly demanded more space (my
    first post was loud and I posted it four times *blush*). All I could think about was that I
    simply could not sell any of my dragons nor could I stop collecting them (or growing
    them for that matter) and it never crossed my mind that I'd break rules. I instantly got scolded by one mod (you know who you are ) which at the time got me PO'd. I mean, here was , dangerously close to having to part with beloved dragons and this "insensitive" mod was reprimanding me and giving me warnings!

Aaannnnyway...that how it seemed at the time. I desperately needed SP to give me more space instantly to avoid giving up dragons. Another mod gave me a very detailed reason about what it takes to even be able to design the game so that such a feature could be added. Unfortunately I am technologically stupid which made me stop and think and I realized that it was unreasonable to believe it easy to add more habitats and to make such a fuss. I certainly have no clue what it takes to be able to design and run a game such as Dragon City. I can't even imagine how they make all these little dragon fly around on the screen. There's a LOT of movement in this game. So I acquired some much needed patience, got a dose of courage and sold some dragons. After the first few, it ended up not being a big deal after all. After all we are talking about a computer game, right? But I was caught up and swept away in the moment. Curse you, SP for making such an attractive, mesmerizing, colorful dragon game that can turn a grown woman into a silly goose.
    Well, that's my story. Thanks for sharing your story and you're lovely photos. Nice to know that I am not the only one who can't resist the lure of cute little dragons in a computer game.
    LOVE THIS GAME!

My islands are super crowded with dragons too, but since decorations don't really interest me to much, I don't spruce up the place. I just like watching them fly around until I get dizzy! LOL
    Last edited by brokenstar9; 02-03-2013 at 07:43.

it's really hard for me to sell my dragon's it feels like I have some kind of a relationship with these dragon because you raised them since the beginning you stared playing this game not to sound weird I know it's just a game
    I'm not in the forums anymore so please do not ask me for any help at all, it feels like It was a waste of time being here and I didn't feel like I was helping out the forums at all. this account might be deleted soon

I have lots of dragons too. I dont want to sell them. I hope there should have a storage for dragons so that we will never have be forced to sell our dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by jho View Post
    I have lots of dragons too. I dont want to sell them. I hope there should have a storage for dragons so that we will never have be forced to sell our dragons.
    I 100% agree with you I hate not having space for my dragons, having a storage for my dragons awesome
    I'm not in the forums anymore so please do not ask me for any help at all, it feels like It was a waste of time being here and I didn't feel like I was helping out the forums at all. this account might be deleted soon

Quote Originally Posted by Super Secret Guy View Post
    it's really hard for me to sell my dragon's it feels like I have some kind of a relationship with these dragon because you raised them since the beginning you stared playing this game not to sound weird I know it's just a game
    Believe me, nothing at all weird about sharing your love for your dragons here. I mean how many here know people who are in love with their car. Some will even name it! So, no. Caring about little virtual dragons is not silly. Since the habitat increase, I've been bringing some back but it's just not the same. It seems kind of disrespectful to breed these replacements. I hope the devs have the resources to provide us with a new line of dragons to breed. The game seems popular enough. But I imagine it's difficult to create a lot of new dragons at once with a game that is in progress. To bad they didn't branch out more before introducing the game and create more breedable dragons before they launched it. Now they have to try and keep up with the demand for new dragons and have very little type to design them. Sadly we may not see new breedable dragons. But one can hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal L Short View Post
    Believe me, nothing at all weird about sharing your love for your dragons here. I mean how many here know people who are in love with their car. Some will even name it! So, no. Caring about little virtual dragons is not silly. Since the habitat increase, I've been bringing some back but it's just not the same. It seems kind of disrespectful to breed these replacements. I hope the devs have the resources to provide us with a new line of dragons to breed. The game seems popular enough. But I imagine it's difficult to create a lot of new dragons at once with a game that is in progress. To bad they didn't branch out more before introducing the game and create more breedable dragons before they launched it. Now they have to try and keep up with the demand for new dragons and have very little type to design them. Sadly we may not see new breedable dragons. But one can hope!
    I know it feels disrespectful breeding another dragon and selling your old dragon that why I'm a little picky on what dragon I should get so I won't has to sell one of my dragons, the devs should do something like what jio said have a storage of some sort to store you dragons in, but then you won't see your dragons, or that thread brokenstar9 made about expansion like add another island, making the islands bigger, and on of my favorite ones having another realm all those ideas sound good to me

at first it was hard for me to sell my dragons but i get used to it when i need to make room for a new comers, i only now keeping all dark, rares, unique, lots of legendaries, and pures.. if the game open another island maybe i will complete them all again..

Quote Originally Posted by ame15972 View Post
    at first it was hard for me to sell my dragons but i get used to it when i need to make room for a new comers, i only now keeping all dark, rares, unique, lots of legendaries, and pures.. if the game open another island maybe i will complete them all again..
    Its a computer game afterall, but this game is different. We played this game for months, the only reason players play it for so long because it has an emotional aspect to it. So when it comes to new dragons, new uniques, sure the new looks and charming animation lure people. But you can't find the element of trust in those new uniques. I knew my vulcano can atleast take down 1 and a half of my opponents combat team, however advanced they are in the game. That trust made me love it. Is the new music dragon more attractive than the vulcano, sure, but it isn't the most trusted or loved. And if I have to let go off any dragon right now, letting go off the music dragon will be the easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal L Short View Post
    I agree with you completely