Thread: Why is food so expensive?

Why is food so expensive?

I'm a new player just starting out - my fighting team's just hit level 8 and then progress slowed to a crawl.

Is there an easier or faster way to get food? I feel like I must be missing something. The farms are incredibly expensive, and the market produces almost nothing in a 12-hour period.

Any long-term player want to give me some pointers, please?

They have recently adjusted the crops earned to being 1/2 what they were. This was done to slow down combat & dragon progression through out the game.

Growing the quick growth foods (like the 5 minute ones) while you are in game & then a longer food (one that matches your absent time) is how I found it best to gain food when I first started. Also, focus on feeding only a battle team of dragons. You're going to need a variety of dragons to try at first, but I'd recommend always having one that is an earth element as it first element what others you like. One you breed a rare, train that as high as you can. You can use the dragon in battles against any kind very well. If you focus on training a small group of dragons then you'll use as much food.
    Report Game problems to: http://support.socialpoint.es/games/dragon-city/facebook/
    follow the red link located beneath your game.
    Remember to clicking "No" at the very bottom
    to "Did this answer your question?" for the
    report form to show. Be sure to include your
    account number in the report too.

Be aware Support usually takes 3 business days to
    respond & are closed on weekends & Spain's holidays.
    Don't forget to respond on your ticket within 14 days.

Thanks for the advice! That's generally my strategy in Facebook games where I have to harvest resources, but this is the first game I've seen where I can't afford the top food production option for even ONE farm, much less all of them. I figured I was doing something wrong, actually; I've only been leveling my fighting team, but I come home from work, collect all of my food, and am only able to feed one dragon one time, never mind leveling it up. All of the opponents in my league have seriously out-leveled me, already. ._.a

I was kind of hoping I was just missing something. Man... I wish I'd come in before the crop adjustment. orz

Quote Originally Posted by brokenstar9 View Post
    They have recently adjusted the crops earned to being 1/2 what they were. This was done to slow down combat & dragon progression through out the game.

Growing the quick growth foods (like the 5 minute ones) while you are in game & then a longer food (one that matches your absent time) is how I found it best to gain food when I first started. Also, focus on feeding only a battle team of dragons. You're going to need a variety of dragons to try at first, but I'd recommend always having one that is an earth element as it first element what others you like. One you breed a rare, train that as high as you can. You can use the dragon in battles against any kind very well. If you focus on training a small group of dragons then you'll use as much food.