Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quest Tips - What do you think?

Quest Tips - What do you think?

Quest Types

1. Progressive (ex. Celestial Island or Alien Island) – to complete the progressive type events you must complete specific tasks for each dragon. You will not be able to progress to the next dragon until you complete the tasks or purchase it via gems. There are 8 hour pool times in progressive type events but instead of set time periods the pool hours are determined by the time the user empties a pool. So with this event you must pay close attention to your collection times as well as the pool times so that you are taking full advantage of your collection pieces . For a full pool on all parts it is essentially every 8 hours from the time you collect. So if you collect at 11:07 am the next collect for you would be 7:07 pm. It is easier to do it in 8 hour increments instead of separate pieces to ensure you do not miss any pieces due to collecting at the wrong time. These type of events are very time intensive, so you must make sure you stay within your collection times and collect when you hit the pool time or you will lose the opportunity to get resources.

2. Selective (ex. Throne Island) – to complete the progressive type events you can select which dragons you want and follow the paths to reach them. With this type of event it is the paths that determine which dragons you will receive. You will receive a certain amount of items within an 8 hour time period and your event currency will increase as you complete functions within the 8 hour time pool. These events are determined by collection time periods that are based on UTC time zones. A maximum number of coins (in Throne island it was 500) are earned during each 8 hour timeframe. The Selective Island differed from the Progressive Island because it was programmed using UTC time instead of the collection times the user collected items. With the UTC timing you can collect any time within the 8 hour time period. The 8 hour window is identical for all users around the world. At the last quest they were at 10:00 am, 18:00 pm and 2:00 am. Again you can refer to the Dragon City Guide (//www.dragoncityguide.net) to get a map as well as the cost of the blocks along your path. One of the benefits of this event type is that is allows the user to determine which actions will net the necessary coins. For example, you can collect the Pool coins using breeding, collecting gold and hatching only. You can use any combination to get to the 500 coins. Just keep your eye on the counter so that you are not harvesting resources but have already reached your pool coins. Keep in mind there is often a delay in when the counter is updated, so do not be too quick on the trigger. For example, if you are feeding dragons, only feed a level or two at a time to give the counter a chance to update. It is up to you whether you want to open chests as you collect coins or collect several pools before opening chests. But to avoid the loss of coins with the game crashing on you, do not open too many chests at one time without saving your actions or collecting and opening too quickly. Before collecting coins at the start of a pool time, take note of what your current coin amount is, to ensure you know what amount you should be at once you collect the 500 coins.

NOTE: If you do not have any breeds or hatchings available to take off during your pool time, use one of the other action types to collect your coins.

3. Grid – to complete grid type events the event dragons are divided amongst separate grids for each dragon. It is similar to the progressive type in that you must complete a certain percentage of a grid before you move on. But it is also similar to selective type events in that there are collection times based on UTC time zones rather than 8 hours from the time you empty a pool.

4. Fog – Fog event types are based on a map where you have to select a path and follow it to get to the puzzle pieces of the prize dragons. Each dragon will have a set amount of pieces which must be collected before completing the dragon. You must find all pieces, once you have all the pieces except the last one, which you will be able to buy with a set amount of event currency. This event has 8 hour pool collection times based on UTC time zones. This event type will give you clues as to where the next puzzle piece is in relation to where you are located. You can follow these clues to move to your next piece.

5. Heroic Races – with the heroic race event types you are racing against other players. You must complete laps in order to progress to get one of the three prizes. To qualify for any of the three prizes you must complete the first four laps.

6. Maze – coming soon

Tasks to complete for events

NOTE: What is a pool? Before I explain the various tasks, let me first explain what the pools mean. For each event type there is a maximum amount of items you can collect within a specific timeframe, together these two components make up the pool. Once your pool is full, you can collect those maximum items. The way the items can be collected varies by event types, but they all follow the same general principal. Or if you prefer you can collect each item as it enters the pool. The preference is up to the user, however since there are usually two or more items per “node”, and they often have different pool times, it is easier to collect them when the pools are at their maximum. Most recently the pool times have been in 8-hour increments, though these times may vary by event type. It is my preference to collect in the 8-hour timeframe because that reduces the chance of collecting at the wrong time and taking the chance of missing items due to the wrong collection time.

League PvP fights – with the requirements for league fights you will be required to complete a certain amount of fights within the collection period. You must win fights to progress. With all event types except the Heroic Races, you can usually complete your 3 league fights before your cooldown period will begin before you can fight in the leagues again. However with the Heroic Races there are usually 2 or 3 nodes back to back that have requirements for the league fights. So only fight the number of battles that you need to progress to the next node.
    Collecting gold from habitats - If you have completed the Midarian tower, he is a good resource to help you generate gold quickly, but if you have harvested all your habitats but have not reached the full pool for collecting gold, go back and harvest gold from your habitats until you reach the pool. You do not have to wait for the habitats to reach the cap in order to collect from the habitat(s). You can also stick to one habitat and collect every 2 seconds, this way you’ll get all the points from the pool in a short time. No need to wait until the max gold is reached or collecting from different habitats.

Harvesting food from farms – Harvesting food from your farms varies depending on the event type. if you have to harvest a certain number of farms, than use the shortest growing type to meet the requirement. the requirement for harvesting farms varies depending on the quest. The requirement could call for harvesting a set number of farms or a set number of food items. If it is a set number of farms, then only grow by the shortest growing time, for example purchase Dragon Bells. If the requirement calls for a certain amount of food than it is best to pick the longest amount of food that you can afford. But make sure your selection is within the pool times so that you are not short changing yourself out of collections.

Breeding - Use Level 4-9 terra/flame combos with dragons that are less than level 15 to ensure you only get short timed breeds. Keep all your breeding buildings going so that you always have some eggs available at the full pool time. Also try to stick to short breeds because the hatching time is longer than the breeding time and your hatchery will fill up quicker than your breeders. Or you can breed two Archangels or two War dragons for a breeding time of 5 hours. Selling these back will give you a good gold reward ($235,000 for a War dragon). Breeding an Archangel or War dragon will give you a breeding point for 100% if there is one in the pool., so you do not have to try it again and again
    Hatching eggs - Use Terra or Flame eggs , they are the cheapest and with the shortest hatch times, you can buy them for 100 gold. Depending on the percentage, you may have to hatch several eggs before you get the credit. But do not give up, you will eventually get the credit.
    Feeding dragons - Keep babies around to use to meet this requirement. Most times you can get the requirements before the baby will reach level 7 or 8. But if you do not, start with a new baby dragon in order to get the most out of your food, especially if your resources are limited. You can also buy Terra dragons to meet this requirement for 100 gold, feed them to level 7 or 8, sell them then buy the next one.

Event Fights - It is a good plan to get the elements necessary to beat the event dragons ahead of time. The Dragon City Guide on //www.dragoncityguide.net is a great resource to find which dragon elements you will need to successfully beat the event fights.

NOTE: A shout out to Joseph Seeley who runs the Dragon City guide site. His hard work helps to make our gaming easier. You will be able to find event pools, requirements and everything essential to completing anything within DC at the site. Also a shout out to our Dragonwarrior1414 who takes the time deliver us maps (for those events that require them) that will allow us to collect the maximum amount of prizes with the least amount of cost. And to all our forum members who share their insight and advice.
    Last edited by nynaevelan; 07-16-2016 at 04:47. Reason: updated the tips

Its perfection.

Great job !
    Last edited by Bezu; 09-29-2015 at 15:31.
    Dragon City: Twitter Facebook
    Monster Legends: Twitter Facebook

Really good tips. I will incorporate a few suggestions to see if I can go further in the quests. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Hi nynaevelan
    good job and as Ml will have - the map event or selective type - one i have some questions

1-. for example if

At the last quest they were at 10:00 am, 18:00 pm and 2:00
    can i collect 500 coin at 17,50 and another 500 at 18:00 so all i need is logging 2 times per day !!
    if so this is much easier than the progressive type one where i need to log in at specific -always changing - times

2- i visited the Dc guide site to see more and i saw this image

what is % and max mean ??
    what i got is if you breed a legendary you will get 500 coins and this is the max you can get so 100%
    BUt does this mean the max you can get from collecting gold is only 5 coin !!!!!!!!

only breeeing and hatching give high coins , the rest is 165 coins only !!! or did i get it wrong
    hope so

1. Yep,although I almost never had benefits of it due to long times between my logins
    2. % means how much the action covers from the maximum percent.For example 5 tokens from gold get you 1% of 500

Max means the max amount of tokens you can get from this action at a time
    Collecting gold is only 5 coins,but it's a guaranteed 100% chance to get the token.Also,it is based on the percent instead of amount,meaning collecting 200/350k from a legendary habitat won't get you as much as collecting 10/10k from a terra habitat

Collecting gold is only 5 coins,but it's a guaranteed 100% chance to get the token.Also,it is based on the percent instead of amount,meaning collecting 200/350k from a legendary habitat won't get you as much as collecting 10/10k from a terra habitat.
    Breeding is sort of very rewarding,I get like 135 tokens from breeding a kaktus dragons
    Last edited by Bezu; 11-05-2015 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezu View Post
    1. Yep,although I almost never had benefits of it due to long times between my logins
    2. % means how much the action covers from the maximum percent.For example 5 tokens from gold get you 1% of 500

Max means the max amount of tokens you can get from this action at a time
    Collecting gold is only 5 coins,but it's a guaranteed 100% chance to get the token.Also,it is based on the percent instead of amount,meaning collecting 200/350k from a legendary habitat won't get you as much as collecting 10/10k from a terra habitat

Collecting gold is only 5 coins,but it's a guaranteed 100% chance to get the token.Also,it is based on the percent instead of amount,meaning collecting 200/350k from a legendary habitat won't get you as much as collecting 10/10k from a terra habitat.
    Breeding is sort of very rewarding,I get like 135 tokens from breeding a kaktus dragons
    so it is breeding event 5 from gold !!!! when you need 500 i thought with my high gold production i can get the 500 easily

i can say it is the worst event type ever

Quote Originally Posted by Haka taka View Post
    so it is breeding event 5 from gold !!!! when you need 500 i thought with my high gold production i can get the 500 easily

i can say it is the worst event type ever
    If the events are exactly the same,you get at least 3 food for each time you feed a level 1 dragon,the higher the level,the more the amount,that's quiet nice.Also,you get tokens for each farm collect you do

Quote Originally Posted by Bezu View Post
    If the events are exactly the same,you get at least 3 food for each time you feed a level 1 dragon,the higher the level,the more the amount,that's quiet nice.Also,you get tokens for each farm collect you do
    as i said if i do all the action except hatch and breed i can get 165 coin only !! not enough for me
    i though i will get 1500 coin daily

I know I am coming to the conversation late but Haka you should be able to get the full 500 or 600 coins in one log in the higher your level. If you breed a legendary or pure hybrid you can get the majority of the coins for that action alone.

For these type of events I can get my coins in that timeframe with only two or three actions. Unfortunately if you want to use gold collection alone that will take more than one login due to the low percentages. Using breeding and hatching gives the best returns.

Other than the high cost of the chests I love these event types the best. I do not have to worry about pool problems nor logging in more than once in 8 hours. Plus if I want to log in for gold collecting I do not have to worry about it messing up pool refills as it does in Progressive types.

I love these type of events! I manage to get all of my jack-o-lanterns / event currency with no problems. I collect my gold, harvest / replant my farms, do my tournament battles, and if needed will feed a dragon a couple levels. Repeat during the next 2 timeframes...easy, peasy!

Whereas the other type of event, there is always difficulty meeting the quest requirements and even if it's 5-10 gems, I have to almost always spend a few gems to get each dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCricketPa View Post
    I love these type of events! I manage to get all of my jack-o-lanterns / event currency with no problems. I collect my gold, harvest / replant my farms, do my tournament battles, and if needed will feed a dragon a couple levels. Repeat during the next 2 timeframes...easy, peasy!

Whereas the other type of event, there is always difficulty meeting the quest requirements and even if it's 5-10 gems, I have to almost always spend a few gems to get each dragon.
    How !!
    you didn't mention breed or hatch !! as for the current event Halloween you are getting only 165 every 8 hour ?!

and it seems that DC has no coin event like ML .. if you are advanced player you can get all the monster just by collecting gold - that what i did last event we had on ML - all monsters cost about 7k coins and i earned 19k coin

My choice of actions in these events are in the following order. I do not have to do them all because I will usually run into breeds not being ready or the hatchery being full. I also save all new dragons to use for feeding for events to avoid wasting food.

1. collect gold
    2. farming
    3. breeding - I breed millenium on sanctuary, pure/pure on mountain and a pure combo on tree
    4. hatching
    5. feeding
    6. pvp fights

I usually get my time allotment on 1 through 3 or 1, 2 and 4. Sometimes I will use 1 and 4 when I have an abundance of dragons which need to level up.

Quote Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
    My choice of actions in these events are in the following order. I do not have to do them all because I will usually run into breeds not being ready or the hatchery being full. I also save all new dragons to use for feeding for events to avoid wasting food.

1. collect gold
    2. farming
    3. breeding - I breed millenium on sanctuary, pure/pure on mountain and a pure combo on tree
    4. hatching
    5. feeding
    6. pvp fights

I usually get my time allotment on 1 through 3 or 1, 2 and 4. Sometimes I will use 1 and 4 when I have an abundance of dragons which need to level up.
    so you make always a breed ready to hatch !!! and you can do this 3 times a day and each time you breed a pure
    how many hours does pure take to breed and hatch ???? for ML a legendary take 2 days as you know .

I use pures because it is 9 hours to breed and depending what you get 12 hours to hatch, unless you get a legendary then it takes 48 hours to hatch. Again I may have to skip the breeding and hatching because I do not have anything ready. And yes I keep my breeders constantly breeding, if it is no event going on the egg sits on the breeder/hatchery until needed for an event or a timed challenge. My breeding is done so I do not need to use them for anything else.

I use pures because it is 9 hours to breed and depending what you get 12 hours to hatch, unless you get a legendary then it takes 48 hours to hatch. Again I may have to skip the breeding and hatching because I do not have anything ready. And yes I keep my breeders constantly breeding, if it is no event going on the egg sits on the breeder/hatchery until needed for an event or a timed challenge. My breeding is done so I do not need to use them for anything else.
    but if you skipped breeidng and hatching for current event then all you can get is 165 coins only not 500 !!!!
    i though you should get 1500 daily

but if you skipped breeidng and hatching for current event then all you can get is 165 coins only not 500 !!!!
    i though you should get 1500 daily
    No I am not saying I skip them always I am saying there is a collection time when I don't use them. For example:

Collection 1 - collect gold, send a breed to the hatchery, collect from farms
    Collection 2 - collect gold, hatch a two or more element egg (for this type you cannot delete it, you have to send it to the habitat to get the points, feed dragon or two.
    Collection 3 - collect gold, send a breed to the hatchery, collect from farms

I use any and all of the actions from my previous post to get to the maximum coins for the collection time. In other words I pay attention to what my current coins/pumpkins are before I do anything. Let's say I am at 1200, I start my collection process and keep going until I hit 1800. Now I am done until the collection window. Since I have earned all my pumpkins, I usually log in a few times during the 8 hours to collect gold, fight in tournaments and restart the tower guardian if necessary.

No I am not saying I skip them always I am saying there is a collection time when I don't use them. For example:

Collection 1 - collect gold, send a breed to the hatchery, collect from farms
    Collection 2 - collect gold, hatch a two or more element egg (for this type you cannot delete it, you have to send it to the habitat to get the points, feed dragon or two.
    Collection 3 - collect gold, send a breed to the hatchery, collect from farms

I use any and all of the actions from my previous post to get to the maximum coins for the collection time. In other words I pay attention to what my current coins/pumpkins are before I do anything. Let's say I am at 1200, I start my collection process and keep going until I hit 1800. Now I am done until the collection window. Since I have earned all my pumpkins, I usually log in a few times during the 8 hours to collect gold, fight in tournaments and restart the tower guardian if necessary.
    but gold can give only 5 token every 8 hour ! as the photo say and as bezu confirmed
    so why even you log during the 8h to collect again or you will not get the 5 token at once ?!

and all actions beside breed and hatch give 165 coins , so it is a breeding event and DC has 3 breeding building not 2 like ML so if we have the same layout in ML we are ****

I log in the other times just for the gold, not necessarily for the event, just to grow my gold. Yes there are 3 breeding buildings and depending on what you have breeding/hatching you can get the full points from breeding and hatching alone. There is no large collections on gold or farming no matter what your level and what your gold production. I just really use them because I need the food and gold. For this event the best options are breeding, hatching and pvp fights.

What the best options are...who knows. Is it programmed well or not...again who knows. All I know is with these events I can get the full points in one log in with the use of only 5-15 minutes depending on what I am doing. This event right here is the best by far, and that is compared to DC's Progressive type, MLs Progressive type and MLs coin based type. The only limitation it has is I am too cheap to buy coins for real money to get the last two dragons, during most events. And with this event, since it is based on UTC time, I am not limited by trying to keep track of when the 8 hours are up or pool resets.

but gold can give only 5 token every 8 hour ! as the photo say and as bezu confirmed
    so why even you log during the 8h to collect again or you will not get the 5 token at once ?!

and all actions beside breed and hatch give 165 coins , so it is a breeding event and DC has 3 breeding building not 2 like ML so if we have the same layout in ML we are ****
    I just tested collections on my game account, I had 42 pumpkins to start. Collected gold from 76 habs and a kindergarten, now I have 290 pumpkins. Hatched a 2 element Frozen Wind dragon, now I have 590 pumpkins. I am 52 pumpkins short, I refreshed and logged back in and collected gold again, now I have my 642 pumpkins. All done until the next collection period.

Last edited by nynaevelan; 11-06-2015 at 12:02.

I just tested collections on my game account, I had 42 pumpkins to start. Collected gold from 76 habs and a kindergarten, now I have 290 pumpkins. Hatched a 2 element Frozen Wind dragon, now I have 590 pumpkins. I am 52 pumpkins short, I refreshed and logged back in and collected gold again, now I have my 642 pumpkins. All done until the next collection period.
    so why does the photo i saw on dragoncityguide site say that gold is 5 token and this is 1% of max
    what does this 5 mean i thought the max amount i can get from collection gold from all habitats for 8h is only 5
    Last edited by Haka taka; 11-06-2015 at 15:20.

It is 5 per habitat,the reason it says max because it could be 4 if the habitat isn't totally full (Example legendary habitat having 300k/350k gold)

I just did a test on getting my 600 pumpkins with gold alone. It took me four log in to get the pumpkins, I got 165 for each of the first three logins and then 105 for the last. I probably could have gotten it with the first login and just kept collecting from the same habitats but I was being lazy and just collecting on those with the gold bars.

Haka:

I think you can get from 1 to 5 points per habitat depending on how many dragons you have in them. I think you only get a 5 from a kindergarten that has 5 dragons in it, but don't quote me on that. Most of my habs have 4 dragons and I get 4 pumpkins for each. But that "max" is not for the full 8 hour period it is only the max at one particular collection. The max for a hatching is 500 points, but that is just for that particular hatching. If you got 500 from the first egg and hatched the same dragon egg during that collection period you would get 100, but only because there are only 100 pumpkins left in the collection time period.

so why does the photo i saw on dragoncityguide site say that gold is 5 token and this is 1% of max
    what does this 5 mean i thought the max amount i can get from collection gold from all habitats for 8h is only 5
    Perhaps we should ask Joseph to change the wording to:

Max per Habitat
    Max per Farm
    Max per Level
    Max per Fight
    Max per Breed
    Max per Hatching

How !!
    you didn't mention breed or hatch !! as for the current event Halloween you are getting only 165 every 8 hour ?!

and it seems that DC has no coin event like ML .. if you are advanced player you can get all the monster just by collecting gold - that what i did last event we had on ML - all monsters cost about 7k coins and i earned 19k coin
    I'm not really good with all of the mathematical computations and percentages, but I am collecting @600 every 8 hours. All of my habitats are full and I have the varying combination of habitats. I have 3 sets of pure / pure breeding and hatching all the time so I collect from them. I do the 3 league battles. I have the max #farms growing food and collect from them. During these events I will feed the event dragons as much as I need to collect the event currency.

I just find it a lot easier meeting the demands of these events than the other type. I also like having the ability to bypass a dragon or choose another route to get one you want more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast