Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroic Races

... and then you'll only have QUALIFIED.

If you wanna win, you'll have to beat them all by the end of the race.
    It depends on your competitors how many laps you'll have to complete...

Did they get the bug fixed yet? They are going to have a LOT of very angry customers if they don't get it fixed soon. 2-3 days into the race and suddenly the players move and your no longer in first means you could potentially fall so far behind that you can't catch up without spending gems.

Hmmmm, bug or intentional gem squeeze? Something to ponder!
    A Dragon Rose is a flying flower that breathes fire!

Need to submit a bug report? Try the Social Point Customer Service Page on Facebook or Follow the instructions in this link. New to the forum or wondering what you can and cannot post? Check out the
    Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by LilCricketPa View Post
    Did they get the bug fixed yet? They are going to have a LOT of very angry customers if they don't get it fixed soon. 2-3 days into the race and suddenly the players move and your no longer in first means you could potentially fall so far behind that you can't catch up without spending gems.

Hmmmm, bug or intentional gem squeeze? Something to ponder!
    Yes, it is fixed now. And you get 25 gems at login. (And I was still in first place.)

Rest In Purple Prince. .ɘɔniɿꟼ ɘlqɿuꟼ nI ƚƨɘЯ
    NOTE: If You've Been Wrongfully Banned For Posting Spam Re-register & PM A Super Moderator

Still in first:

NOTE: If You've Been Wrongfully Banned For Posting Spam Re-register & PM A Super Moderator

That 25 gems was a nice surprise

I do have to pick the pace up though as someone just materialized 1 lap behind me

It would appear that they've "fixed it," from people talking in groups. My race had a whole bunch of new opponents this morning, and then about an hour ago they all moved to lap 4. I've never had a race like this where everyone's started so early (don't think I've even had one where everyone started at all), let alone one where they're so far along.

Not sure I'm buying the glitch thing right now. Whether it was on purpose or through incompetence they found a way to make the race more competitive after it started. With SP I'm leaning toward the former, and I'll probably just quit if I fall behind.

Correction

I stand corrected, just about first:

Quote Originally Posted by BrenDC View Post
    It would appear that they've "fixed it," from people talking in groups. My race had a whole bunch of new opponents this morning, and then about an hour ago they all moved to lap 4. I've never had a race like this where everyone's started so early (don't think I've even had one where everyone started at all), let alone one where they're so far along.

Not sure I'm buying the glitch thing right now. Whether it was on purpose or through incompetence they found a way to make the race more competitive after it started. With SP I'm leaning toward the former, and I'll probably just quit if I fall behind.
    THIS. These are my exact sentiments.

When the race started, no one was moving. Not on me, nor my sig other's game (which is an entirely diff acct) This morn, after the glitch announcement, they moved... but only slightly. We were both still leading, on both accts. Then, I logged in an hour later, and suddenly, EVERYONE had moved, most of which are now in 4th lap. On both accounts even. To catch up that far and that fast would have cost quite a bit of gems... more than the free 25 for sure... and Im not buying that everyone was buying. Esp since via experience with these races, most don't.

I would be inclined to give the BOTD... but we've already caught SP cheating once before.... when we both had the same player in both of our races on diff accts. We surmise it was a made up acct, coz if they won both of our races, how would the payout work? Would they get it twice? lol not even.

So yeah, now I always look at SP with a cockeyed glance and take all the events with a grain of salt. Its all a money game.... how they can pry it from you. I pretty much quit spending coz of that.
    Last edited by DarkStarr77; 02-17-2017 at 22:49.

What the heck? I am now fifth place and in a group of completely new players...the players who used to be second and third place in my race yesterday arent there. I was first last night leading by three laps and now Im fifth with a new group pf players. Didnt get 25 gems either. This is crap. Oh well, Im not spending any gems either..

Same here, although I did get the 25 gems. I came back to the game after a few hours away and found myself in 5th with all new players.
    Methinks SP are using bots

Bad move socialpoint. Completely ruined my races experience. My last race I was #1 at lap3 (started late), i was with inactive players. I was with inactives again and my chances were good for the dragon. Now I am filled with active players who spend gems left and right. Was there truly a bug? Who knows. Was it a player adjustment to see who would spend the most money for gems, likely.

No longer in first place.

Bad move and bad form. If this was a dragon I was really interested in I'd be spitting nails right now. To change the game mid race really is unsportsmanlike of SP, but then we know this is just a money grab, they're not even bothering to hide it. To be fair they should have waited to "change their algorithm" on the next race, we all know there will be one. I don't think there were really tons of players complaining the race wasn't competitive enough.

Regarding the breeding nodes and hatching eggs. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions which dragons are best to breed or eggs to hatch? Longer the better or shorter is just as effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Regarding the breeding nodes and hatching eggs. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions which dragons are best to breed or eggs to hatch? Longer the better or shorter is just as effective.

Nynae's quest guide lays out some great tips! Here: http://forums.socialpointgames.com/showthread.php?240051-Quest-Tips-What-do-you-think

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice View Post
    I kinda like 3rd Annie -- she's cute

I'm talking ugly-ugly, like...: Legacy, Mud, Dark Stone, Volcano, and even (gasp) Bride (which looks like a poodle in a dress and who'd want to marry that!?)
    Not to mention Poo (oops, now I just did).

This new heroic looks a bit overgrown maybe, but kinda tough and imposing. Like an Ent, only stubbier
    My list of Uglies (in no particular order) Umbrella, Mud, Waterfall, Petroleum, Gummy, Gargoyle, Legacy, Poo and Bride...oh and yes to 3rd Anniversary dragon!! Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by CandyKat View Post
    Bad move and bad form. If this was a dragon I was really interested in I'd be spitting nails right now. To change the game mid race really is unsportsmanlike of SP, but then we know this is just a money grab, they're not even bothering to hide it. To be fair they should have waited to "change their algorithm" on the next race, we all know there will be one. I don't think there were really tons of players complaining the race wasn't competitive enough.
    Ive gone from 1st place to last. Oh well...Im just gonna complete Lap 4 and collect the 25 gems. Ive now lost interest in this race...

Quote Originally Posted by rids57 View Post
    That 25 gems was a nice surprise

I do have to pick the pace up though as someone just materialized 1 lap behind me
    I had that too..one minute I was third, then I did the league battle, came back to race two minutes later and a player had gained a lap on me....hmmm...dodgy AS!!

Quote Originally Posted by CandyKat View Post
    Yeah, that would have been much better, waiting til the next race to adjust their algorithm. But this is the most cheating game Ive ever seen and I have my serious doubts it was even really an issue. The races already are competitive and overly stressful, and long, and taxing... and Ive noticed their other events are even harder than they used to be (although, even when u collect pieces in certain events for high end dragons, they will swap the high end dragons for low end ones on you... thats happened to me on quite a few occasions, and they claim its coz I logged out too quickly LOL riggggggght) Its why I quit buying... I spend a crazy amount of $$$ on other games, but I won't outfit a company with zero integrity. My spending habits with SP have gotten tighter and tighter as much as they have. I R quite stubborn that way.

Its just pixels, man... they place way too high of an emphasis on them. I get that they need to make money and things, and Im more than willing to spend... as long as the company isnt resorting to dirty tactics.

So how did you guys get 25 gems? I never got them, pretty crappy of SP if they are picking and choosing who gets it. Everyone is moving in my race and a whole new set of competitors (had a several from the US and now there's just me and one other person) so I went from 1st to 3rd. Don't care about the drop but do care about the loss of 25 gems.

Interesting how they start this breeding event during the HRaces with the terra and flame..just trying throw those long breeds at us to force us to use even more gems.

Personally I think they took out all the people who had not started and then put everyone with people who had, I think they did this to try to force more people to speed things up just to get them to spend more gems. I do not think there was anything wrong with their algorithm, this is just one more attempt by them to swindle us out of gems and cash. I went from no racers to seven racers, two of which are a lap or two behind me. But my only goal was to qualify, which I did, so I could care less if they pass me or not. Actually getting those 25 gems for the "technical issue" was actually a bonus, because that was all I was aiming for in this race. So I have nothing more to do with it, I am just going to try to raise gold so I can farm and get to level 100.

I think this might well be true.

The list of players racing me now is completely different from the original list of non-movers.

To paraphrase Zappa: there are now 4 things that smell like fish...

I've asked in groups because I'm not a programmer and gotten no replies. What makes it suspicious to me is that they changed our races, apparently more than once. Could they not have fixed the algorithm and left things the way they were? Why the need to switch everyone? That's what makes me wonder.

It's crazy that this company just sold for hundreds of millions. I saw people speculating in groups that they were bought mostly for the advertising power that comes with DC and ML. If that's true then I would hope they go back to the way the game used to be, where you could do most things for free as long as you put in the effort. I won't even recommend DC to anyone anymore, but I used to all the time.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast