Thread: Big monsters I can use to defeat VoltaiK and Timerion with?

Big monsters I can use to defeat VoltaiK and Timerion with?

Since my last thread was deleted, assuming because I lost it (my cool), I'm trying to ask again in a more civilized manner. As you probably know, I love big guys. Big-strong, big-fat, like them both, as long as they look big and sturdy. Apparently, however, most of the strongest monsters in the game are super-skinny creatures, which I have a frustrated disdain towards because I hate that they're ALWAYS the strongest monsters, and they kind of ruin games for me because it means in order to win, I'd have to use monsters I hate.

...So I want to know what the best big-guy monsters there are for dealing with VoltaiK and Timerion and other anorexic characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Since my last thread was deleted, assuming because I lost it (my cool), I'm trying to ask again in a more civilized manner. As you probably know, I love big guys. Big-strong, big-fat, like them both, as long as they look big and sturdy. Apparently, however, most of the strongest monsters in the game are super-skinny creatures, which I have a frustrated disdain towards because I hate that they're ALWAYS the strongest monsters, and they kind of ruin games for me because it means in order to win, I'd have to use monsters I hate.

...So I want to know what the best big-guy monsters there are for dealing with VoltaiK and Timerion and other anorexic characters.
    Shannara and Thetys probably are too skinny for your taste, but they do well against Timerion. Thetys does well against Voltaik as well.

General Atum and General Uria with two strength will kill Voltaik.
    Resurrection of AMAB

so, if I remember correctly, your biggest problem was with thetys, timeron and voltaik.

Big monsters that may catch your attention:

blob- big, stamina drains, fast enough to go first and clear stamina of one target. unable to lockdown whole enemy team, so scenarios in which that handsome guy will be helpfull are limited.

roxen- big, strong, plenty of stopping power(2 75base power single target attacks). but you'll need something to back it up

arcade- 2 stamina drain attacks. Pretty much only thing other than being killed that is able to keep timeron under control in metal category

aforementioned uria and atum.

gretchen (?) - definetely not scrawny. really fast, and magic mirror allows you to deal with a lot of problems (voltaiks attack gets reflected and your monster gets a turn thus breaking voltaiks chain wailing)

probably some else

Blob, Uria and Arcade are kind of cool. I tend to prefer less human designs, so Roxor Cox and Gretchen don't appeal to me as much, but I'd still use them over VoltaiK or Timerion. Atum's a bit too generic for me. Arcade's kind of cute, though, and Uria, while I'm not a big fan of those spiritual knight types, kind of has a pleasant plumpness to his design that I kind of like.

Griffin is pretty good at OTKing Voltaik with his 70 point special damage attack and high natural strength and speed.
    All Men Are Brothers

General Uria.

He was a touch skinny in his adolescent years but filled out well in his maturity...

With a life rune he is hard for Voltaik to kill, since he takes half damage from Thunder, and has plenty of neutral type big attacks to hurt Volt with. He needs two strength runes to ohk Volt.

Vs Timerion, he is Tough so can resist Stop Time. And has strong 0 Cooldown moves to ignore Cooldowns Activated.

He's much underrated. And big (look at him when he gets out of his armour to do his special)!
    *Resurrection of AMAB - All Men are Brothers -

Personally, I use Barbatos (1 speed 2 strength) and Master of Pain usually does the job (I don't have Demonheart). MoP has 100% accuracy (can still miss with blind or daze) and 90 power damage. If it's not enough to kill the enemy VoltaiK I would use Blood Covenant and then MoP on the extra turn. Corrupted Laceration also works sometimes.

I recently got Reptie. He's fast (2 speed 1 team speed), so his Glamorize can buff any one of my attackers (Barbatos, Megaosteum, Darmith, Taiga, etc.) who can KO VoltaiK with one of their single target power moves.

Same goes for Timerion.
    Last edited by Timerion; 01-12-2017 at 01:28.
    "He may be old, but he is lethal."

Quote Originally Posted by Timerion View Post
    I recently got Reptie. .
    Lol, Reptie is very, VERY skinny.
    Resurrection of AMAB

You must really hate Commander Alvid with that slender body

Quote Originally Posted by MaydayML View Post
    You must really hate Commander Alvid with that slender body
    Not nearly as much as VoltaiK or Timerion.

As for Barbatos, Griffin and Reptie. Griffin looks... okay I guess. Barbatos, nah, still too skinny for my taste. Reptie? That's kind of a "What The ****!?" design. Speaking of skinny, one problem I have with Gretchen is that, yes, she IS fat, but she doesn't look particularly strong with those skinny limbs.

So far I haven't really seen that "gotta use" design for me, but should I really expect to? I tend to prefer more organic looking characters like animals and dragons, but NOT humans.

Edit: It didn't seem to go in the first time, but I guess it did.

Okay then, you could go with General Atum. He's bulky and rugged.

If you want to defeat Timerion, all you can do is hope that Atum's Tough trait gives him protection.

If you want to defeat VoltaiK, remember to take Hard As A Rock. VoltaiK can attack many times in a single turn, and Atum will be returning all that damage, which will likely kill VoltaiK before Atum gets killed, even without the Double Life buff from the skill. This works especially well if they are doing a 1v1 on each other.

Timerion works well against voltaik with space time attack that prevents all damage from voltaik for all allies,
    even damage loop works well because when the monster reflects voltaik's attacks, the latter lose his extra turn

Thetys 100% stamina drain works well on voltaik and timerion after that you need heavy attackers with strength runes, to kill them fast

So... yeah. If I want to use monsters I like and still win, tough **** I guess. I already said Atum was too generic for my taste and Timerion is one of the guys I'm trying to defeat. Why would I want to use him when I specifically said I don't like him and want to defeat him without using other anorexic designs?

How about Octex with his Hardened trait & strong 0 cool down skills for metal & chance ROFL or even Dr Viktor against Voltaik for Thunder ...hmm...good luck!

I'm starting to see what is going on in here. You have your mind set on one particular monster and are looking from outside reassurance that this monster is good.
    So here is answer: judgement isn't that great. Just another straight forward attacker with one-shot potential when equipped with high enough runes.
    Last edited by Goldfield; 01-14-2017 at 19:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfield View Post
    I'm starting to see what is going on in here. You have your mind set on one particular monster and are looking from outside reassurance that this monster is good.
    I don't know about that. ...Not "one particular monster" anyway. I mostly just want to know what the best monsters are to use against Timerion and Voltaik besides stick-figure monsters. I do get frustrated when the best monsters are the ugliest, most anorexic ones in each game, especially when there are so many big, strong monsters and stick-figures take up such a tiny fraction of the monsters, but it's always THEM that become uber-powerful and, to be honest, it does make these games less fun for me.

I don't know about that. ...Not "one particular monster" anyway. I mostly just want to know what the best monsters are to use against Timerion and Voltaik besides stick-figure monsters. I do get frustrated when the best monsters are the ugliest, most anorexic ones in each game, especially when there are so many big, strong monsters and stick-figures take up such a tiny fraction of the monsters, but it's always THEM that become uber-powerful and, to be honest, it does make these games less fun for me.
    You could use Chill Bill (muscular, tough-looking) from the Winter Maze to put up against Timerion. His Freezing abilities won't work on him, but his high damage output does a real good job. He's not as effective against VoltaiK because he's a Thunder type while Bill is a Water. (VoltaiK has Hardened to block Freeze as well)

Chill Bill: 2 Strength 1 Speed
    Pinguin Honor, Water Warriors, Collateral Water, Water Cataclysm

Or you could use Taiga (not muscular but very cool looking nonetheless) from the same event to deal with VoltaiK. You could use two of his abilities (Ready To Hunt + Invisible Hunter) to block all damage for 2 turns in a row. No matter how many times VoltaiK spams his extra-turn attacks on Taiga, they won't do any damage because they are all happening before Taiga's next turn, when the Camouflage effect expires.

Taiga: 2 Speed 1 Strength
    Hidden Kill, Deadly Artifice, Invisible Hunter, Ready To Hunt