Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incoming New Feature - Auto Battle Mode

Thumbs up Incoming New Feature - Auto Battle Mode

Not sure if anyone noticed it, but they are going to be releasing the highly requested "Auto Battle Mode."

Taken from Taringa:

"NEW AUTO-BATTLE MODE"

"Now you can activate the auto-battle mode in Dungeons!"

"Try the new auto-battle mode in the Dungeons! It will allow you to easily sit back and watch your monsters fight. Don't have much time? No worries, because with the auto-battle mode, you can
    choose the speed of the battle."

It will be interesting to see how the AI behaves, which may give a better idea on how to build your defense.

Kind of nice to fight through the easy dungeons as well.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by MarshallTheBeef; 02-17-2017 at 13:26.

I find this a really bizarre thing for a games company to do. It's basically acknowledging that their game play is boring, and that people would rather get the rewards without playing the game. I find the dungeons (Survival dungeon aside) really tedious, so am happy with this development, but am amazed that SP even considered this option.

I'm hoping they can automate rune crafting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofasterix View Post
    I find this a really bizarre thing for a games company to do. It's basically acknowledging that their game play is boring
    Many other mobile games have this feature so it's no real surprise to me. Though this game does a great job of attack strategy, so it really should only be used for the easy dungeons and maybe taking note of how the AI works in my opinion.

But yeah an automated Rune crafting would be nice. They've been delivering on a lot of requested features, so I can forsee that happening too.

Of course it is possible that autoplay will not be totally free.
    Resurrection of AMAB

Or SP might reduce the rewards...

I am glad they are spending their time implementing features like these rather than allow a user to specify defensive skill order, implementing a hatchery temple, reworking the rune system.

Sounds good to me
    Join Hamsters Attack! - http://forums.socialpointgames.com/showthread.php?413750-Hamsters-Attack!-Recruiting&p=1110162#post1110162

Facebook Group: Hamsters Attack!

What I would really like to see is a "Practice Dungeon". A dungeon where you can set up your opposing team. Everything from type of monster, rank, runes, etc. The main reason I want to do this is to be able to play against my own monsters and see what the AI does with them so I can try to devise strategy for plugging the weak spots. I wouldn't expect any kind of reward from this - just want to tinker and study the AI.

Screenshot_20170218-142525-504x896.png

This had been on my wish list for a very long time.
    *Resurrection of AMAB - All Men are Brothers -

Wow, the AI running both sides? Why not just flip a coin to determine the winner?

I'm not sure why we're excited about this? The funnest part of this game is the battle - wars, PvP, adventure map. Yes some dungeons are boring but aren't there many other places worth automating? Gold, food collection, lvl 1 rune crafting. I can't agree more with kromberg, there are lot more areas are important to users and yet SP is wasting their resources on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeel Master View Post
    I'm not sure why we're excited about this? The funnest part of this game is the battle - wars, PvP, adventure map. Yes some dungeons are boring but aren't there many other places worth automating? Gold, food collection, lvl 1 rune crafting. I can't agree more with kromberg, there are lot more areas are important to users and yet SP is wasting their resources on this.
    Because at last we get to undertake repeatable testing on AI behaviour, knowing exactly what skillset the observed monster has. Priceless intelligence previously only inferred or gleaned from very limited data.
    *Resurrection of AMAB - All Men are Brothers -

Quote Originally Posted by c0ntr1v3d+ View Post
    Because at last we get to undertake repeatable testing on AI behaviour, knowing exactly what skillset the observed monster has. Priceless intelligence previously only inferred or gleaned from very limited data.
    Well, the data is less limited when you play in situations where the enemy has the speed jump a fair amount of the time. But it will still be nice to watch the AI play your characters and get even more information.
    Join Hamsters Attack! - http://forums.socialpointgames.com/showthread.php?413750-Hamsters-Attack!-Recruiting&p=1110162#post1110162

Facebook Group: Hamsters Attack!

Quote Originally Posted by c0ntr1v3d+ View Post
    I think adding a reply of team wars/PvP battle is far more useful.

Until that happens, I agree this is the best we can have to understand AI. Not sure what SP would think if we use this feature this way. They invent a new feature to save our time, but in the end, we will spend more time with it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofasterix View Post

I'm hoping they can automate rune crafting!!
    Take on vacation and see all your runes reduced to I!

Fun aside: I like the feature (and why should it cost something - there is so much that cost a fortune already!). Would also be interesting to watch how the AI actually handles the team you define.

Another feature I would welcome is a battle simulater - where you can test a team vs another. or actualle doing battles with your teammates for training or to test out new ideas. Naturally: they should be free to use (no cost involved).

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Schultz View Post
    Fun aside: I like the feature (and why should it cost something - there is so much that cost a fortune already!).
    Yes, like matching Fatal Assassins for the umpteenth time (missed you there, last time though).

Anyway, the reason I mentioned it is because it does cost something in another game that I know of (but do not play, where would I find the time). Players there have to use 'raid tickets' for autoplay. You can earn them in game or buy them.
    Resurrection of AMAB

Quote Originally Posted by kromberg View Post
    Why not just flip a coin to determine the winner?
    That's about what it amounts to. Heads I win, tails you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekto Gamat View Post
    Yes, like matching Fatal Assassins for the umpteenth time (missed you there, last time though).
    That's because he's now on United Assassins, a newly formed team that we are currently facing and being slaughtered by! By the looks of it, it's FA2 as they are pretty much all full X and sporting lots of Lvl 130s...
    Join "AUSTRALIA ROCKS". Always looking for seasoned >Lvl 80 players - PM me if interested

http://forums.socialpointgames.com/showthread.php?408883-AUSTRALIA-ROCKS-is-recruiting-again

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    That's because he's now on United Assassins, a newly formed team that we are currently facing and being slaughtered by! By the looks of it, it's FA2 as they are pretty much all full X and sporting lots of Lvl 130s...
    With cheap generals in the team shop, that is the expected norm and the downfall of team wars. Everyone has highly ranked generals and that is all everyone used. The fun of team wars if just about gone. It is the same cr ap over and over now.

Seriously SP has nto put a single ounce of creativity in the game in about a year. Just churning out mediocre monsters with the same recycled skills. Anything that had potential went right into the toilet because of the lack( if any ) play ability testing. Plus there are numerous long bugs they still have not fixed. I want my 3rd PvP attack after 2.5+ years of playing the game without it.
    Last edited by kromberg; 02-27-2017 at 14:25.

Well this thread got derailed pretty fast (Team Wars != Auto Battle Mode).

To attempt to bring this slightly back on topic - how about Auto Battle Mode in Team Wars? Yeah.. not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallTheBeef View Post
    Well this thread got derailed pretty fast (Team Wars != Auto Battle Mode).

To attempt to bring this slightly back on topic - how about Auto Battle Mode in Team Wars? Yeah.. not so much.
    OK Marshall, I will try to help you. I like the auto battle feature, because it allows me to churn through the battles faster, while I am doing something else. What would be nice improvement is if the AI would select AOE attacks before single monster attacks, but also be smart enough to know that when there is only one monster left it is better to use the single monster attack.

By the way this feature is on for a day now , alongside the new version 4.8

If one is hoping the new feature can expedite the dungeon clearing, you will be disappointed. The AI only made it right for once in a dozen times.

So the value is only left to test your war defense team (or potential target team). But watching how randomly the choices AI make I'm not sure what we can get out of it. Hope some one can figure out some patterns for some specific setups but that may require a lot of samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Haka taka View Post
    By the way this feature is on for a day now , alongside the new version 4.8
    why it not in my ios version

Quote Originally Posted by Skeel Master View Post
    If one is hoping the new feature can expedite the dungeon clearing, you will be disappointed. The AI only made it right for once in a dozen times.
    I did not expect anything less than that. Though I will hold my breath for improvement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast