Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Race Complaint

Team Race Complaint

I hate that this inspires everyone to start a new team because they want to win the monsters. We lost 5 members today that jumped ship to start a new team because we are matched up against 4 top teams in the race. Everyone that has joined looks at where we are at and leaves.

Why does SP allow team hopping during events? It is ridiculous. Everybody wants a so so monster.
    Vent done sorry...

Me too wished that Sp can do anything to Race-newteam forming ,It is not cheating or violating any rules but still

Quote Originally Posted by Haka taka View Post
    Me too wished that Sp can do anything to Race-newteam forming ,It is not cheating or violating any rules but still

No but if they would do something about anyone can start a new team we might see better team matches as well because everyone and their brother who has 10,000 Gold can start a team. Sigh.. It just makes things difficult all the way around.

That's not the problem. People are doing what they have to do in an unfair matchmaking system.
    the matchmaking system should be improved and teams placed in the same group should be matched according to their spending capacity.
    if the matchmaking was more well thought out this wouldn't happen, but it's just a cash grab they don't care about the little and mid teams.
    Join Team Tenacious Kingdom, active, organized team, utilizes speed charts. Runes 5 to 10. 300+ war coins. for more information: http://forums.socialpointgames.com/showthread.php?425336-Terror-Kingdom-looking-for-players

Quote Originally Posted by samer_ok View Post
    That's not the problem. People are doing what they have to do in an unfair matchmaking system.
    the matchmaking system should be improved and teams placed in the same group should be matched according to their spending capacity.
    if the matchmaking was more well thought out this wouldn't happen, but it's just a cash grab they don't care about the little and mid teams.
    So it is justifiable because people are doing what they have to because it is unfair? Ha! No I have heard everything. Rolling eyes...

Yes we got matched against four teams that were in top ten. We went from being ranked #280 to #233 without losing anyone cause of all the shuffling. The rank change was all in 30 minutes this morning.

When we lost 5 members we went to #336. Big relief actually cause we have been matched weird the last two wars. But some of the weird matching are because of all the jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzznee View Post
    So it is justifiable because people are doing what they have to because it is unfair? Ha! No I have heard everything. Rolling eyes...

You can roll them all the way to the back of your brains for all I care
    yes the problem is the matching is unfair, what else do you think is the problem?
    your solution is to limit who can make teams? So not only do they get matched unevenly but they just get stuck there for the duration and be kibble for the big dogs? HA! Now I heard everything. Maybe if the team was offering them something more they won't be so easily tempted to jump.

You have never delayed war to avoid getting matched with a big team you were just matched with?
    you have never kept your trophies down to avoid harder matchups in pvp? none of that is against the rules of the game but it similarly not playing as intended.

When the match making system is fair be it in wars, pvp, or races (And if races weren't just a cash grab) people won't be in that position and neither you or anyone would have a problem, and people won't be jumping when they take a look and see where you are at in the race because you would be evenly matched and able to progress well, isn't that your problem?

look at the root of the issue instead of the reactions to it.

pleasure as always. c u
    Last edited by samer_ok; 03-17-2017 at 01:55.
    Join Team Tenacious Kingdom, active, organized team, utilizes speed charts. Runes 5 to 10. 300+ war coins. for more information: http://forums.socialpointgames.com/showthread.php?425336-Terror-Kingdom-looking-for-players

That is like telling a kid life is tough and sometimes life isn't fair so find the easiest way to cheat the system and you will make it in life.

I think the simplest and only way to fix this is to offer the main reward, the ranked new monster, to all teams that accomplish the specified number of laps.

Social Point puts teams in a tough position because there are some that really want to participate but at the same time it's hard to justify to a whole team that you are going to compete and maybe spends thousands of gems and get basically nothing in return (and do that every other month to boot). Lose that risk and then it's a matter of setting goals as a team, no hopping necessary.

If they still want to have a competition between teams make that reward something additional, more elementium/gold/food/cells/badges/trophies/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by karryt00 View Post
    I think the simplest and only way to fix this is to offer the main reward, the ranked new monster, to all teams that accomplish the specified number of laps.

Social Point puts teams in a tough position because there are some that really want to participate but at the same time it's hard to justify to a whole team that you are going to compete and maybe spends thousands of gems and get basically nothing in return (and do that every other month to boot). Lose that risk and then it's a matter of setting goals as a team, no hopping necessary.

If they still want to have a competition between teams make that reward something additional, more elementium/gold/food/cells/badges/trophies/whatever.
    Now that would make a lot more sense. What annoys me the most is that it disrupts the main feature of the game, team wars. It also causes significant lopsidedness as some weaker teams end up with a set of Lvl 115s that they would otherwise never be able to afford. Been recently beaten by one of those in a Magic/Common war as we just couldn't quite cope with 20+ Lvl 115 Learneans, even when they only had Lvl 4 runes! These guys are now in another new team to get another set of Lvl 115s. We just refuse to participate in this crap and cheat wave
    Last edited by David S; 03-17-2017 at 12:54.
    Join "AUSTRALIA ROCKS". Always looking for seasoned >Lvl 80 players - PM me if interested

http://forums.socialpointgames.com/showthread.php?408883-AUSTRALIA-ROCKS-is-recruiting-again

From a player perspective this is a great idea, ie teams battle against a fixed goal (X number of laps), rather than a potentially moving target (rival teams). The current race being shortened to 7 days already provides a bigger challenge to complete the same 14 laps. However, we have the progressive islands and mazes as our individual battles against a fixed goal, and i'm sure SP love seeing 2 or more wealthy teams running each other up to an insane number of laps in the team race.

As has been said before, the team race is nothing but a cash grab from SP, and inevitably induces disruptive behaviour in many players / teams. Managing a team for regular team wars is difficult enough without the additional hassle of team races (in their current format).

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Now that would make a lot more sense. What annoys me the most is that it disrupts the main feature of the game, team wars. It also causes significant lopsidedness as some weaker teams end up with a set of Lvl 115s that they would otherwise never be able to afford. Been recently beaten by one of those in a Magic/Common war as we just couldn't quite cope with 20+ Lvl 115 Learneans, even when they only had Lvl 4 runes! These guys are now in another new team to get another set of Lvl 115s. We just refuse to participate in this crap and cheat wave
    Couldn't agree more

We too just faced a "newer" team with 115 Learneans but still managed to beat them which made it even better

This really effects teams ranked 100-500 the most in my opinion.

When people apply to the team and i see a 115 team race monster it just gives me doubts.

Just wish they would be done with the races, nothing good about them.

so far this team race has been slightly unfair, everyone in my team is in for the 2-10 place prizes we have no chance of getting 1st because we have been set up against a team spending an extremely large amount of gems they finished 2 laps in under 1 hour

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldDude View Post
    Couldn't agree more

We too just faced a "newer" team with 115 Learneans but still managed to beat them which made it even better

This really effects teams ranked 100-500 the most in my opinion.

When people apply to the team and i see a 115 team race monster it just gives me doubts.

Just wish they would be done with the races, nothing good about them.
    10laps.PNGnewteam.PNG

Agree:
    New team: Saints & Sinners; created 1 fight ago; completed 5+ laps on the first day when all the other teams were stuck in lap 1. 10+ laps completed so far. How is this possible to complete so many laps in two days and how are teams assigned to races? This makes no sense.

Everybody wants a so so monster. Vent done sorry...
    That so so monster is ranked up with three stars. Takes a lot to get that many cells.

That is like telling a kid life is tough and sometimes life isn't fair so find the easiest way to cheat the system and you will make it in life.
    well except this isn't real life, it's a mobile game. they are not like stealing money from an ATM, or robbing a bank. and most importantly they are acting WITHIN THE RULES of the game. No where in the game does it say that is not allowed. If some people don't like it doesn't mean it is against the rules.

and to go with your kid analogy, this is like asking 10 year olds to participate in wrestling match vs 18 year olds, then telling them NO YOU are not allowed to go find a match with someone your age because that's cheating the system, so your options are either:
    -do your best and waste all your energy and still get your ass kicked and bleed.
    -don't do it and just admit defeat eventhough you never even had a chance and just sit there and watch the others get the reward that you want and know can earn if you were fairly matched (and cherry on top they will then use the reward they won against you in the future if you meet in war)

so how the heck is that fair, when the system is broken, people will rebel against it. (As do they in real life )

fix\change the system, people won't have a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by scrubdaddymvp View Post
    so far this team race has been slightly unfair, everyone in my team is in for the 2-10 place prizes we have no chance of getting 1st because we have been set up against a team spending an extremely large amount of gems they finished 2 laps in under 1 hour
    exactly

this ^
    Last edited by samer_ok; 03-17-2017 at 23:11.

So, that's why a bunch of teams in our bracket only have one or zero players. They're cheating by creating a new team to get an easier bracket.

Information from the game's page in the app store:

If you loved Team Races before, you'll love them even more now!

- In the upcoming Team Races, you'll be able to get individual rewards based on your contribution to your team's effort in the race! The more you participate, the more you can earn.

Looks like they're adding a new thing where rewards are handed out to individual players for their cooperation to their team's race - this is kind of irrelevant to the team hopping stuff but it's a feature that may boost the help from some players.
    "He may be old, but he is lethal."

Quote Originally Posted by Timerion View Post
    Information from the game's page in the app store:

If you loved Team Races before, you'll love them even more now!

- In the upcoming Team Races, you'll be able to get individual rewards based on your contribution to your team's effort in the race! The more you participate, the more you can earn.

Looks like they're adding a new thing where rewards are handed out to individual players for their cooperation to their team's race - this is kind of irrelevant to the team hopping stuff but it's a feature that may boost the help from some players.
    This is in the game already. There is a new tab under the Rewards section showing the individual rewards. The first rank gets 10 Elementium and 15 Baltasar cells, second place gets 5 elementium and 7 cells, and third place gets 5 cells.

Quote Originally Posted by samer_ok View Post
    well except this isn't real life, it's a mobile game. they are not like stealing money from an ATM, or robbing a bank. and most importantly they are acting WITHIN THE RULES of the game. No where in the game does it say that is not allowed. If some people don't like it doesn't mean it is against the rules.

and to go with your kid analogy, this is like asking 10 year olds to participate in wrestling match vs 18 year olds, then telling them NO YOU are not allowed to go find a match with someone your age because that's cheating the system, so your options are either:
    -do your best and waste all your energy and still get your ass kicked and bleed.
    -don't do it and just admit defeat eventhough you never even had a chance and just sit there and watch the others get the reward that you want and know can earn if you were fairly matched (and cherry on top they will then use the reward they won against you in the future if you meet in war)

so how the heck is that fair, when the system is broken, people will rebel against it. (As do they in real life )

fix\change the system, people won't have a reason.
    I think Suzznee would much prefer to go through life taking the hardest route

I think SP should have a restriction about which team should match or qualify to participate in the team race base on the minimum team winning records requirements, and then group them into that team winning records category. For example team with winning records 1-50 should be in the same race group. But still this won't prevent big spender players to create the team ahead before the race event to build up the team winning records to match the qualification to participate the team race. Either of these events happened, SP still got big profits from it. "Hand on chin"

This race has me extremely frustrated. Our first rank team in our bracket is ranked 24 overall, and they were already at like 13 laps on the second day.

I like the idea recommended above. It shouldn't be a "race" it should be a "team challenge." Where any team that puts the effort (money) into completing the laps should receive the major reward. The discrepancy between 1st, 2nd, and everything else is way too large.

Imagine going neck and neck with a team, doing 20+ laps, to only come in second. Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallTheBeef View Post
    This race has me extremely frustrated. Our first rank team in our bracket is ranked 24 overall, and they were already at like 13 laps on the second day.
    That's because too many lazy people are completing it with gems, rather than doing it fairly. I know SP is in this for the money, but sometimes I wish they'd remove the cheat button. Supposed to be fun.

The amount of complaining on this thread is unreal.

1. It's not fair because another team is better!
    ---It isn't supposed to be fair. Not everybody is supposed to be able to win. The best team SHOULD win.

2. It lets weak teams have highly ranked monsters!
    ---What's wrong with lower ranked teams earning stronger monsters? A lot of people are FTP and doing well in the races is a way to make the game work for you.

3. It shouldn't be a race. Anybody that works at it should win!
    ---Unfortunately, not everybody that works hard wins. Sometimes, people are better than others. If that is the case, go for 2nd. My team is in 2nd now and that is just fine. We realized we can't compete for first so we are doing what we can to get 2nd.

4. People are leaving my team so they can win the team race!
    ---Those people are the worst. You don't want them on your team anyway. Better to rid yourself of them now and build with people that are loyal, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman52 View Post
    The amount of complaining on this thread is unreal.

1. It's not fair because another team is better!
    ---It isn't supposed to be fair. Not everybody is supposed to be able to win. The best team SHOULD win.

2. It lets weak teams have highly ranked monsters!
    ---What's wrong with lower ranked teams earning stronger monsters? A lot of people are FTP and doing well in the races is a way to make the game work for you.

3. It shouldn't be a race. Anybody that works at it should win!
    ---Unfortunately, not everybody that works hard wins. Sometimes, people are better than others. If that is the case, go for 2nd. My team is in 2nd now and that is just fine. We realized we can't compete for first so we are doing what we can to get 2nd.

4. People are leaving my team so they can win the team race!
    ---Those people are the worst. You don't want them on your team anyway. Better to rid yourself of them now and build with people that are loyal, imo.
    LOL...guess the main point of this thread went right over your head

People are just giving suggestions on how to fix it.

To those who don't end in first place, I can think of two reasons why you shouldn't feel bad about not coming in first.

1) 1st place does not give out any food prizes. This means the team gets two new Legendary monsters, but especially with the lower level players, they will probably have a hard time leveling them. 2nd and 3rd place teams receive 3 million food, which is a lot - enough to fully feed their new M-2 WYVERN's to Level 100 and still have a good 800K+ food to spare.

2) Baltasar isn't even a good monster. I mean, he looks cool, but that's pretty much the only reason I want him - as many probably already know, a lot of Dark monsters outclass him and he isn't going to replace any common usage monsters in Dark wars like Barbatos, Mommy and Krampus. Sure, he got buffed, but he's still average for a Legendary. Go check his info and skills on the Monster Wiki and judge him for yourself. Not exactly a big loss if you don't manage to obtain him. Be happy if you just got M-2 WYVERN, or even Haku as he's a good Epic.
    "He may be old, but he is lethal."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast