Thread: Confused about confusion

Confused about confusion

What is the difference between Confusion and Possession? Is there any?

No. Possession is the name of the actual effect, it just shows as confused when it's the enemy's turn.

Also a monster can be immune to possession but can still be hit with confusion or rebooted
    I think?

"Confused" is the name of the debuff, "Possession" is a type of "Confusion", and the most common one too.

Notice how no attacks say something like "May Confuse target." Rather, they will say "May Possess/Reboot/Corrupt/whatever target." Notice how when the effect is shown on the enemy it always says "Confused" in large white text and then "Possessed/Rebooted/Corrupted/whatever" in little green text under the large text.

Monsters immune to Possession are not immune to other Confuse effects. Although the trait description says "Gives immunity to any kind of Possession" or something along those lines, it only gives immunity to Possession itself. The monster can still be Rebooted, Corrupted, Subscribed, Hacked, etc.
    "He may be old, but he is lethal."

May not be related, but in the Spanish version I believe, "Daze" is described as "Confuzion" or something like that.

I would like to see a confused monster being taken over by the AI to use a random move against your team. Currently it's more or less like a stun as all you need to do is recharge. It would give a lot more edge to that skill!
    Join "AUSTRALIA ROCKS". Always looking for seasoned >Lvl 80 players - PM me if interested

http://forums.socialpointgames.com/showthread.php?408883-AUSTRALIA-ROCKS-is-recruiting-again

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    I would like to see a confused monster being taken over by the AI to use a random move against your team. Currently it's more or less like a stun as all you need to do is recharge. It would give a lot more edge to that skill!
    Or maybe when you slip a Confusion debuff on an enemy monster you can have the option to actually SELECT one of their moves to use against their own team or buffs to support your own team, in other words you get to directly control the monster to your advantage instead of the AI controlling it. It would be like *Hacking* the monster ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡).
    "He may be old, but he is lethal."

Both would be awesome and would make possession so much more interesting!
    Join "AUSTRALIA ROCKS". Always looking for seasoned >Lvl 80 players - PM me if interested

http://forums.socialpointgames.com/showthread.php?408883-AUSTRALIA-ROCKS-is-recruiting-again

Quote Originally Posted by Timerion View Post
    Or maybe when you slip a Confusion debuff on an enemy monster you can have the option to actually SELECT one of their moves to use against their own team or buffs to support your own team, in other words you get to directly control the monster to your advantage instead of the AI controlling it. It would be like *Hacking* the monster ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡).
    I made this exact suggestion in the Ideas and Suggestions over a year ago. Would be a great change, as you'd also spy what skills the monster had too.

If i remember correctly we had this feature for a short time .. Not sure why SP reverted it back

Quote Originally Posted by Timerion View Post
    I would LOVE that!

Both would be awesome and would make possession so much more interesting!
    Until Teashire and Ophiuchus, I never could get metalhead or others that has confusion\possession. Now I am loving it. Trying to see if I can rank either up now. Using Teashire in current war on defense.