Thread: The Struggle of Building an Active Team

The Struggle of Building an Active Team

Alright, so I started off the game with my brother and we saved up to create a team. We let a bunch of new players in and it was fun. However, we soon realized that 95% of the time someone would join, say hi, and never play the game or participate in wars again. It was really frustrating. All we wanted was an active team to get war coins and socialize with other people. Eventually, our team died and we joined another team when the Learnean race started. We were close to the worst people on the team so wars were hard and the race was hard but it was fun because almost all of them were active. Surprisingly, in the middle of the race that team kicked us and we quickly joined a team to try and get the race rewards. After the race we left that team and tried again at making our own. At first we thought we should be more picky about who we let in so we could build a more active team. Slowly, our expectations dropped and now we let anybody in. Still, we are having the same problem. Only about 4/30 people, including myself, are active. Hold on I'll get to the point I promise.😀 I'm asking all of you Monster Legends players out there for tips on building an active team. Also, since I'm already writing, I might as well advertise my own team. We are called Ares' Pupils. If you are active and friendly please apply. My username is MonsterMagni and I am lead. I'll accept you into the team of you say your username so I know who you are when you apply. Now, share some tips and stories on your experience with teams in Monster Legends or just talk about the game in general. Thank you so much!!! 😀😀😀
    (P.S.: Sorry in advance for any grammar errors. Also, make sure to apply to Ares' Pupils!)

I feel your pain. I'm on an almost full team of people who do nothing. The leads won't start wars, and I'm pretty much the only person participating in races. I don't mind the no wars part, but I can't win Balthazar by myself.

Talking Ares' Pupils

Bruce Hamilton, if you are disappointed in your team, join here. We are Ares' Pupils and we could use an active player like you. Monster power is not a problem. Just say your username in the game so I know it's you. It's completely up to you but we would love to have you!

I applied to your team, I use my name in forum and game.

You're In!

Just saw your post and let you in. Thanks for joining!

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Magni View Post
    Just saw your post and let you in. Thanks for joining!
    If either of u need an active team eventually apply by us we war every day and we have a base of adults who rock. We fight and win 1st or 2nd each team race our team is don't trust anyone

Wink Thanks for the offer!

Thanks for the offer Brandip73 but no thanks. I enjoy building up my own team from nothing. However, I looked at your team and am very envious of your strong player base. I would love some tips on how your team got so good! Thank you!

Boot & recruit

is a method that I have evolved when we had similar struggles. I suspect it would also work in the early stages of building a team.

Essentially, you let anybody join but clean up towards the end of each war by booting non-participants a few hours before the end. Try to get new recruits to introduce themselves on chat if possible. The bottom line is that you have to be ruthless and keep on kicking people that don't pull their weight.

This is a long and painful process, but you'll eventually end up with a great team!

Good luck!!!
    Join "AUSTRALIA ROCKS". Always looking for seasoned >Lvl 80 players - PM me if interested

http://forums.socialpointgames.com/showthread.php?408883-AUSTRALIA-ROCKS-is-recruiting-again

Thanks David S.!

Thanks for the advice! I have another question, though. Is using a facebook group or discord chat beneficial?
    "I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird."

Quote Originally Posted by Magni View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I have another question, though. Is using a facebook group or discord chat beneficial?
    We have both and it certainly is something you need to do at some stage. In our early days it was hardly used though, but now it's critical to get everybody organised for wars!
    Join "AUSTRALIA ROCKS". Always looking for seasoned >Lvl 80 players - PM me if interested

http://forums.socialpointgames.com/showthread.php?408883-AUSTRALIA-ROCKS-is-recruiting-again

Red face Thanks David S.!

Thanks, bro! Why would you use both? (Sorry if I'm boring you with noob questions.)
    Last edited by Magni; 03-20-2017 at 14:39.
    "I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird."

Some people use fake FB accounts for gaming only and don't use FB much (like me ) or at all. Those you can keep in touch with via Discord. Also, Discord is much more versatile where you can create different discussion channels or servers. We have a separate lead server where the core group decides who to kick etc. Essentially some prefer one and others the other....

my team is new and very active me and the co's usually boot people who dont participate or donate at the end of every war we had a few good players leave cuz of the race but most of our active people stayed cuz we are a good team

Quote Originally Posted by scrubdaddymvp View Post
    ..the co's usually boot people who dont participate or donate..
    I could understand being kicked for not participating in war, after all, that is the purpose of the team. As for not donating cells, the player's collection should come first. Spares from the roulette wheel is one thing, but if I'm only a couple cells from ranking or crafting, I shouldn't be kicked from the team for not donating them.

what i mean is we boot people who donate nothing but request and get cells they should at least be able to send 1 common cell as a level 49

My team has been going through the same thing and we basically do the boot and recruit method either right before war ends or just before we start another. What you have to take into account is some people want to be active but then they see some of the unfairness this game has to offer and it quickly turns them off and they quit/Uninstall. I won't get into what is unfair but SP scams more than they give so I don't blame them. Good luck with filling up your roster!
    ~ TheMonsterLegendz is recruiting! PM Me ~

I came Owned then left

Thanks Marandoom!