Thread: Guardians of the Earth - Changes to Item Weights..?!

Guardians of the Earth - Changes to Item Weights..?!

Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet - but it appears they have changed the item weights this event.

Let me explain. Previously most items would start between 1-3 gems to buy them individually and go up in cost proportionally (similar to buying cells). Basically this meant each item had an equal weight yielding a more smooth progression. This event it seems one item is given a very high weight. You can tell which one it is by looking at it's initial cost along the bottom.

For example, Lepu's "Fight" items have a very high weight, meaning doing the simple fights drop the buyout cost (progress) very quickly every 2 hours.

Fightreer's, however, major item is the Breed item (initial value of like 30 gems!). This is bad because the price will stay very high to complete unless you do all of the breeds (he needs 11 at an 8 hour cooldown a piece).. This will likely make his node (and others like him) take a lot longer/more expensive to complete.

I think this is going to make this event VERY hard/expensive to complete. Even with the double items I fear this may be borderline unfair.

I'm already on Fightreer with only spending around 30 gems, however he poses a significant roadblock. I'm not confident this one will be like previous events.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by MarshallTheBeef; 04-14-2017 at 21:55.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallTheBeef View Post
    Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet - but it appears they have changed the item weights this event.

Let me explain. Previously most items would start between 1-3 gems to buy them individually and go up in cost proportionally (similar to buying cells). Basically this meant each item had an equal weight. This event it seems one item is given a very high weight, you can tell by looking at it's initial cost.

For example, Lepu's "Fight" items have a very high weight, meaning doing the simple fights drop the buyout cost the most.

Fightreer's, however, major item is the Breed item (initial value of like 30 gems!). This is bad because the price will stay very high to complete unless you do all of the breeds (he needs 11 at an 8 hour cooldown)..

I think this is going to make this event VERY hard/expensive to complete. Even with the double items I fear this may be borderline unfair.

I'm already on Fightreer with only spending around 30 gems, however he poses a significant roadblock. I'm not confident this one will be like previous events.

Thoughts?
    I am only going as far as Fightreer anyway. I already have Nanukk, half way to Lepu (who is rubbish btw), and then was planning to obtain Fightreer and Koarim after that. However, after learning how stupidly hard it is to get Fightreer I wont be able to do anything after him.

He starts at over 900 gems?! lol it is a disgrace!
    Last edited by Clackers; 04-14-2017 at 21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Clackers View Post
    I am only going as far as Fightreer anyway. I already have Nanukk, half way to Lepu (who is rubbish btw), and then was planning to obtain Fightreer and Koarim after that. However, after learning how stupidly hard it is to get Fightreer I wont be able to do anything after him.

He starts at over 900 gems?! lol it is a disgrace!
    All of the legends normally start very high in these types of events. The difference before is the low timer items would usually move you down pretty quickly. This time it's almost every 8 hours to really see a difference in progression.

Not really sure what the intent of this change is..

Pools filled up for Nanukk instantly (happened before with gold for #1 item on progressive islands but rarely all of them) which was pleasant surprise.

Weird item costs aside, you could get up to #5 Watinhart pretty much for free (10 day event), so no reason why not to.

The answer to that is something we all know but repress or completely outright deny as a defense mechanism.

It's M-m-m-oney!!!!

All of the legends normally start very high in these types of events. The difference before is the low timer items would usually move you down pretty quickly. This time it's almost every 8 hours to really see a difference in progression.

So they can get more money from generous people like you.

This is frustrating. I was originally on planning to get Watinhart but now I don't even feel motivated to obtain Fightreer. On top of the sudden increase in item requirements from Lepu to Fightreer and the cost of some of the items, I even seem to be having bad luck with the item gathering, mostly with the PVP, hatching and breeding items.
    "He may be old, but he is lethal."

I just want to register my disgust with the latest progressive island.

At first, I wasn't too bothered, but really the whole thing is just a rip off. I don't have a nature legendary, and was looking forward to obtaining Fightreer, but it isn't going to be possible unless I spend hundreds of gems lol

WTF are SP doing pricing Fightreer at 1400+ gems to begin with? We can reduce the cost by completing in game actions, sure - but the original price should have been 300 gems or something like legendaries usually cost, not 1400+.

Getting annoyed with this now. I also just attempted PVP with my level 70 monsters, and it took about 10 minutes to find someone I had a chance of beating.

Have Social Point not heard of even matchmaking, so that players fight against others from a similar level?
    Of course not, because that way they wouldn't earn enough money.

Quote Originally Posted by Clackers View Post
    Have Social Point not heard of even matchmaking, so that players fight against others from a similar level?
    Of course not, because that way they wouldn't earn enough money.
    In PVP matchmaking is based on how much trophies you have, not much else. Some players don't play PVP much. So often you can come across a player with similar amount of trophies as you, but much stronger team.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinwinston4 View Post
    So they can get more money from generous people like you.
    You sir win condescending comment of the year so far - grats bro!

Warning - when you get to Fightreer - it is imperative you get the breed items every 8 hours, or very close to it. Missing this by over a few hours a couple times will set you WAY back.
    Last edited by MarshallTheBeef; 04-16-2017 at 13:53.

I looked at this and wondered what the heck they were thinking. It use to be I could all but the last monster. Then they changed it and I could get all but the last two two monsters. Firetreer is the price of what the last two monsters use to cost. I am missing the dang breedings somehow and it is painful trying to get those done. The hatching seems to be fine it is the breeding itself. Sigh....

Guess someone has to pay for all the money they put out for the game. Won't be me.

It took me 3 days but I finally finished Fighterer, well I got him down to 57 gems and then bought my way out but I did finally finish him. It was my intent to make it through Watinhart but at this point I will be content to finish Koarim. I still have 5 days so I will see where I end up. I will catch Kiridar on her next sale, as I do with all the final monsters in Progressive islands. Finishing these are impossible for me because the hatching and breedings hardly ever work fully. I've accepted this flaw and do not stress myself over it. One thing I like about ML over their sister game,Dragon City, is I can eventually buy any event monsters that I miss so there is no urgency for me to stress myself or overspend to get any. Now if only I can use that mentality in those gem grabbing breeding events.

Take advantage of the double items as much as possible. Specifically the breed item - you want to do it every 4 hours while this event is active. You also want to be on one of the Legendaries for this event to get the most bang for your buck here.

Currently at ~540 left on Watinhart myself. I'm hoping to get Kiridar down to 300 or so. Will likely be much more but we'll see.

Take advantage of the double items as much as possible. Specifically the breed item - you want to do it every 4 hours while this event is active. You also want to be on one of the Legendaries for this event to get the most bang for your buck here.

Currently at ~540 left on Watinhart myself. I'm hoping to get Kiridar down to 300 or so. Will likely be much more but we'll see.
    I am still on 650+ gems for Fightreer.

ATM, my hatchery is full with legendaries I have bought from the sale. And I am NOT paying 27 gems per skip (which I imagine increases every time?).

I just bought Lostyghost for 230 gems. Just goes to show how bored I am with this overpriced event.

Quote Originally Posted by Timerion View Post
    This is frustrating. I was originally on planning to get Watinhart but now I don't even feel motivated to obtain Fightreer. On top of the sudden increase in item requirements from Lepu to Fightreer and the cost of some of the items, I even seem to be having bad luck with the item gathering, mostly with the PVP, hatching and breeding items.
    Till now i spent no gems on Nanukk, 15 gems on Lepu, 43 gems on Fightreer (because the info on wiki isn't correct, spawn time is shorter and/or pool is bigger) 27 gems on Koarim now working on Watinhart (down to 538 gems) also spawn time isn't 8 hours. I think Kiridar is out of my reach but that is nothing new.

Just started on Kiridar this morning. I'm expecting to end up with a fairly expensive buyout at the end, but I figure at this point I've already spent the gems to get to her, I may as well complete it.