Thread: Do you use any of the Monsters you obtained from recent mazes/islands?

Do you use any of the Monsters you obtained from recent mazes/islands?

I don't pay many gems to complete mazes and the like, but I do pick up the odd legendary here and there, like Bright from the Zodiac maze, and Pigredo from the 7 Deadly Sins maze.

However, there have been no game changes since VoltaiK really, and I am wondering if anybody actually uses even the best monsters from the recent events, like Hackster (1980s) or Rabies (7 Deadly Sins)?

Probably not, eh?

This is a very frustrating topic where the answer to the question changed dramatically since the Monster Lab.

With all of the longer life monsters being ranked up, newer monsters have much lower viability. This is frustrating, as it almost feels futile to strive to get that new monster to compete able levels.

Within the past couple events they now offer a Monster Cell pack immediately after the event ends to help you rank them up. This kind of alleviates the problem if you are willing to spend the gems on a monster in that short window.

Sadly I think the general answer is no though. I miss the days when a new monster was creme of the crop and could immediately change the game meta right out of the gate...

They need to make Elementium more plentiful. It's annoying that they make Elementium so gated because they want to prevent people from getting free monsters.

I wish they would make Elementium only for ranking monsters, and give much more of them in weekly dungeons...
    Last edited by MarshallTheBeef; 04-21-2017 at 15:14.

No, unless they will be a top tier legendary for that element or something that proves to be useful in wars.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallTheBeef View Post
    This is a very frustrating topic where the answer to the question changed dramatically since the Monster Lab.

Sadly I think the general answer is no though. I miss the days when a new monster was creme of the crop and could immediately change the game meta right out of the gate...
    IKR. Why can't there be a new Thunder legendary next week that has better stats than VoltaiK (perhaps a bullet ant-design?)? Why would Social Point not do this? Is it because they can see many people buying multiple Voltaiks so they don't want to risk losing their revenue stream by adding a 'competing monster' to VoltaiK?

That is just so small-time and play-safe, and actually DESTORYS the metagame long term. When will Social Point take risks and actually grow their game to all players, and not just for the elite people that pay silly money to buy 18 of the same monster to rank it up?

Could always use them in team wars, if you wanted to avoid the five hour cool down.

As a collector, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Hamilton View Post
    Could always use them in team wars, if you wanted to avoid the five hour cool down.
    I might be in a minority, but I want Monster Legends to be about collecting and real-time PVP.

Team Wars is basically something that players organise themselves and most of the time it is not arranged by SP. So I don't really consider Team Wars part of the game.

Now I know a lot of people only play because of Team Wars, and that's their decision, but really what they are saying is that the rest of the game is shit. I agree with them unfortunately.

I know I cannot buy everything I want, but I would love to spend real money on gems to get a handful of good monsters of each element (from a collector's perspective), but what's the point?! You might say "TEAM WARS", but I don't think it is a reason to spend that kind of money.
    Now, if we had real time PVP (like 8 Ball Pool) where we win our opponent's gem stake then it would be brilliant.

More survival dungeons with only 1 element, make us use all of our FIRE monsters to try to reach the Premiere Boss at the end (still in survival mode). If we beat the boss/dungeon, we win the egg. So simple, so exciting, yet so unlikely as SP are too stingy.

The only monster I use that's semi-recent is Demise. She's just so good and they gave out enough cells to rank her a bit. Everyone else is either really hard to rank or is in an element with a strong general.

that's why I was against the Lab idea when it first came out. the thrill of getting a new monster is gone. Now I look forward for the old ones appearing again, more than I do for the new ones.
    take Hackster for example, before the lab I would have done my best to get him, because his skills are awesome and I love the design, but when my metalhead is at 115 and mechamancer is at 110, then what's the point.
    Kiridar is another example. She's awesome but won't compete with a ranked Alces\Lamou\Sara\Judgement

The last ones I got from events that I still use are Demise from Halloween but not nearly as much as I would have liked to, Mercurius from Athlete island Frostbite from (Forces of elements), and used Incognita for a while in dungeons, other than that, all the new ones are just cash cows :\

they shot themselves in the foot with the lab. Events should have become a bit easier for players to aim to do laps 2 and 3 to get duplicates and rank, but on the contrary, the mazes, and progressive islands and 72 hr challenges and even breedin events have become harder and harder, so why bother at all.

They should have legend cells more in the survival dungeons as they did with Glitch and Discobolus before.
    Join Team Tenacious Kingdom, active, organized team, utilizes speed charts. Runes 5 to 10. 300+ war coins. for more information: http://forums.socialpointgames.com/showthread.php?425336-Terror-Kingdom-looking-for-players

Quote Originally Posted by Clackers View Post
    I might be in a minority, but I want Monster Legends to be about collecting and real-time PVP.

Team Wars is basically something that players organise themselves and most of the time it is not arranged by SP. So I don't really consider Team Wars part of the game.

Now I know a lot of people only play because of Team Wars, and that's their decision, but really what they are saying is that the rest of the game is shit. I agree with them unfortunately.

I know I cannot buy everything I want, but I would love to spend real money on gems to get a handful of good monsters of each element (from a collector's perspective), but what's the point?! You might say "TEAM WARS", but I don't think it is a reason to spend that kind of money.
    Now, if we had real time PVP (like 8 Ball Pool) where we win our opponent's gem stake then it would be brilliant.

More survival dungeons with only 1 element, make us use all of our FIRE monsters to try to reach the Premiere Boss at the end (still in survival mode). If we beat the boss/dungeon, we win the egg. So simple, so exciting, yet so unlikely as SP are too stingy.
    Couldn't agree more. I am a collector. Have to almost be unless willing to spend a lot of money to rank all these monsters up to compete. Love the survival dungeon idea!

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallTheBeef View Post

They need to make Elementium more plentiful. It's annoying that they make Elementium so gated because they want to prevent people from getting free monsters.

I wish they would make Elementium only for ranking monsters, and give much more of them in weekly dungeons...
    I don't think that's their motivation, they already have that covered because you need 80 cells of a new monster to create it's egg, so only 20 elementium can be used anyway.

Besides that, crafting an egg isn't worth it unless you're never intending to actually use that monster AND it's not likely to be in any Library Collections (or you don't care about them). The cost of cells is usually far higher than the cost of an egg on sale, better to save your cells for ranking and buy the egg.