If you haven't been randomly selected for the gem roulette yet, I'll explain why it's extremely unfair and will make you lose a ton of resources.
For those who don't know, the gem roulette is being tested by Socialpoint and players are randomly selected to test it for them. It completely replaces Monsterwood, so you will not get the normal Monsterwood rewards that everyone else gets, which is extremely unfair. It even removes other parts of the game, which I will explain below. There is no way to opt-out and support will not do anything about it either.
What you get with the gem roulette:
- Every day when the daily goals change over you get to spin the roulette by watching an ad. You only get two per day, one right away and one a half hour later.
- For each of these spins, you get up to two extra chances to watch another ad and respin if you don't like what it lands on.
- You almost always get only 4 gems per spin since it has a 91.49% chance.
- What got people excited about the gem roulette when it was announced was the chance to get 1000 gems. But this will not actually happen because it only has a 0.01% chance. Thankfully they actually make the percents publicly available:
What you lose because of the gem roulette:
- All resources given out by Monsterwood including cells, relics, gems, etc.
- Since receiving the gem roulette I've missed out on 240 cells that I could have used to rank monsters for battlegrounds and the library.
- I also missed the round of relics that ended yesterday. Another 120 relics I could have used to rank my existing ones, or the chance to get a gold one.
- The food that was given out over the weekend (this is the one resource I personally don't mind missing).
- The worst one yet: Today, normal Monstwerwood is giving out gems. This means everyone in the game will be getting 40 gems per day, while players stuck with the roulette only get 8.
- Ability to speed up farms growing food. This is one of the surprising changes, it apparently affects literally anything that has an ad. When the race started I went to speed up a farm to collect food for a food task, but had to use a gem because this is turned off.
- Last week's speed-up event for hatching and breeding by watching ads. Just like the farms, it didn't allow me to participate in this event.
I have been stuck with the roulette for over a week now, and now that I'm losing gems, the one resource it actually provides, I'm desperate to get it out of my game. It's not fair to force certain players to use this. I wouldn't mind if everyone tested it together, but what's happening is that some people are losing out on a lot of resources and even missing events in the game because of it. The lost resources alone aren't worth 8 gems a day, or even the extra you might get when you're lucky. Now it's even gems on top of all of that. Perhaps some people might prefer to watch fewer ads, but there should be a way to opt-out instead of unfairly forcing it on people who don't want to miss out.