Let’s take a look at the best Winged attackers.

0_1498435894838_Winged.jpg

First, from strongest to weakest, here’s a ranking of all Winged monsters for their strongest AoE attack:

• Darmith's Pet
  • Griffin
  • General Nishant
  • Uriel
  • Kulkan
  • Greedy Dragon
  • General Ingvar
  • Leviana
  • Caillech
  • Darkzgul
  • Lilysha
  • Arch Knight
  • Monster Clutch

Now the rankings for strongest single target attack:

• Arch Knight
  • Griffin
  • Darkzgul
  • General Nishant
  • Darmith's Pet
  • Greedy Dragon
  • Caillech
  • Kulkan
  • General Ingvar
  • Leviana
  • Monster Clutch
  • Lilysha
  • Uriel

There aren’t that many attackers in the Winged book, so there’s no need for putting them into tiers.

0_1498435945026_Greedy_Dragon_3.jpg
I discussed Greedy Dragon in the Best Attackers: Dragon. He shines in damage output thanks to his skill “The Magnificent.” He gives himself damage boost and an immediate extra turn. With the damage boost so quickly applied and able to be useful, Greedy Dragon can hit hard very, very quickly. Additionally, he burns, stuns, and steals life. But, his trait (energized) is probably the worst trait in my opinion.

0_1498435956950_Griffin_3.jpg
With just his base stats, Griffin is near the top of both the AoE and single target lists. He’s immune to daze, which isn’t the best trait, but can bleed, blind, and stun enemies. If you can pair him with a supporter who can boost his damage output, he will deal insane damage. Just be careful, with low base life, he won’t be able to take much damage.

0_1498435970761_General_Nishant_3.jpg
I like General Nishant just because he’s a little different. Obviously, he’s near the top damage dealer with just his base stats. But his two most interesting skills are Debilitating Shadows and Shadow Form. Debilitating Shadows makes the enemy target take an additional 80% damage from dark sources. Shadow Form gives himself damage boost, precision, AND evasion for one turn (although status effects can still hit). This evasion is great considering Nishant has the worst life of all Winged monsters. On top of all this, he can bleed and burn enemies. And of course, he’s Tough.

alt text
Darmith's Pet is another heavy hitter. He also has a skill that deals damage and grants him a damage boost. His trait is the standard, and wonderful, General trait: Tough. Unfortunately, he’s a bit of a glass cannon like General Nishant and he doesn't really do anything other than burn enemies. Unless you've got him paired with a decent denier (or two) Darmith's Pet may not live long enough to do real damage to the enemy.

0_1498436015944_Leviana_3.jpg
Leviana is similar to Greedy Dragon in that her base stats aren’t all that impressive. However, a couple of abilities make her worth looking at. First, “Try to Ignore Me!” deals heavy fire damage to an enemy while giving her the rare triple damage buff. With this activated, you’re going to start killing enemies. Another ability, “Godlike!” deals damage to all enemies, gives damage boost to all allies (for 4 turns!), but takes up to 30% life from each of your own monsters (10% for each enemy you hit, if I’m not mistaken).

Others:
0_1498436025611_Caillech_3.jpg0_1498436032361_Lilysha_3.jpg0_1498436047594_General_Ingvar_3.jpg0_1498436053433_Uriel_3.jpg0_1498436063624_Kulkan_3.jpg0_1498436070344_Arch_Knight_3.jpg0_1498436078162_Monster_Clutch_3.jpg0_1498436088952_Darkzgul_3.jpg
Caillech is without question a denier (and an excellent one at that). Lilysha, with a couple possess skills and a stun skill and low damage output is also a better denier. General Ingvar I find is a better supporter. Uriel is also a supporter (with the rare ability to resurrect fallen allies). Kulkan is the standard Nature supporter: poison, heal, energy regeneration. Arch Knight is another supporter (and an obsolete one, in my opinion). Monster Clutch is probably the most useless Legendary in this entire game, I think. And Darkzgul suffers from being one of the earliest monsters who is just outclassed at this point. Although it is worth reminding that Darkzgul and Arch Knight can do some hefty damage to a single enemy with one of their skills (notice their placement on the single target attack rankings), but outside of that, they don't do anything more to contribute to an attack.