We have some news relating to some of the current issues that the Legendary League teams are experiencing while matchmaking takes place in Team Wars.
- Several teams have a 90% win ratio
- Matchmaking times go from a few minutes to more than 8 hours which, over time, creates big discrepancies in Trophies.
To address these problems, we would like to make a few changes which will affect only the Legendary Leagues.
The solemn goal is to improve the matchmaking so that every team can find the best possible rivals and have a consistently fairer experience throughout the season.
WHAT HAVE WE PLANNED?
In the next Team Wars season, Legendary Leagues will have a fixed matchmaking. This means that matchmaking will happen at certain times and all teams will be matched simultaneously, without any Leads or Co-Leads having to request a matchmaking. The system will assume that your Team wants to go into war unless it opts out. Breaks between wars will last 8 hours.
So it goes like this: 2-day war - 8-hour break - 2-day war, and so on.
During this new 8-hour break, Team Leads and co-leads will have the chance to opt out of the matchmaking, thus skipping the war. The whole team will have to wait for another matchmaking to start automatically (56 hours later).
There is no penalty for opting out. Your Team just won’t get rewards, which is the usual for not going to war. Your team can also opt out as many times as you want, there is no limit.
There are only 2 criteria in the matchmaking.
You won’t be matched against the same team in 8 consecutive wars or more. This means that your team will match only with teams that are 10 ranks above or below and you will face the same team maximum 3 times in a season.
At least 25 team members are needed to compete. If you have less than that you won’t be included in the next matchmaking and your Team won’t go to war. It will count as the same as opting out.
Teams that are strong enough to place in higher ranks will get Trophy bonus, to avoid 2-month-long climbing to the top and fighting weaker teams.
- Teams with low trophies but high combat power will earn bonus Trophies in their first battles.
- Bonus Trophies will make these Teams climb up the rankings very fast, but they will slow down as they improve their position.
We will also reduce the variability of earned/lost trophies to avoid Teams falling behind in the ranking due to easy victories.
- Now, the difference between the Trophies of two Teams in war will have a lower impact on the Trophies they earn. To give you an idea, a difference of 500 Trophies will imply a difference of 10 Trophies from the original 150 trophies earned/lost in a war.
Since matches should be more balanced and to reward players for their efforts, we will also increase the amount of War Medals earned at the end of the season.
Fixed matchmaking for Legendary Leagues will happen in the next TW season. However, as this will need to be implemented we will already start running the fixed matchmaking in the offseason, right after the current season ends.