It has been more than 4 years since we introduced Legendary monsters in the game and they took over the islands like no other. They have ruled with an iron fist not giving any opportunity to other rarities to shine. But times are changing and now they’ve found their match, something stronger, better and more imposing than they could have imagined - The Mythics!
Monster Masters, welcome a new rarity!
- Mythic Monsters are significantly stronger than Legendaries.
- They are moving into Monster Legends with their own home - the Mythic Habitat.
- Selecting the best skills has never been easier as Mythics have only 8 skills to choose from. All skills will be unlocked at once: they don’t depend on the rank!
- The maximum level of Mythics is 150 (R5) but all skills are unlocked at level 100.
- Speed, Stamina, Strength, and Life scale as you rank them up.
- To achieve their amazing power, they need to be fed properly! Expect higher feeding requirements.
Meet our first Mythics
Mythics and the Lab
- Mythic Monster Cells can’t be extracted and you will be able to own only one copy of each monster.
- The only way to craft a Mythic will be with its Monster Cells. However, to rank it up you will also be able to use Mythic Amber.
- Mythics will also require more Monster Cells to rank up compared to the Legendary monsters.
- They will be obtainable in events, as usual, and through offers.
- Mythic Monster Cells aren’t tradable.
- It is a special resource that behaves similarly to Elementium. It is what the core of every Mythic monster is made of, and Dr. Viktor has managed to manipulate and use it.
- It will be obtainable only in the Mythic Heroic Dungeon.
Mythic Heroic Dungeon
- The best and only place to get Mythic Amber.
- The Heroic Dungeon has 3 floors full of exciting rewards.
- You’ll have access once per day using Stamina.
To make the transition easier, especially for players who have islands full of Legendary Habitats, on the launch day we will give out enough Vault Keys to store 4 Legendary monsters. That way, you’ll be able to make room for the Mythic Habitat. Only for players above level 70.
Why the new rarity?
If you’re a long-time Monster Legends player, you have probably seen a lot of new skills, traits and other features coming into the game during these years, the more we added the more complex the game became. It got to the point where it’s almost impossible to change or sustain certain systems for the long term. The constant release of “counters of the counters”, always-increasing combat complexity, certain strategies that push players to use the same monsters over and over again,... All these problems forced us to think of a solution. After multiple discussions, we have come to a conclusion: We won't solve all these issues without a big disruptive change. That's why we’ve decided to introduce a new rarity, Mythics, along with some systems that are meant to improve their distribution. We would like to achieve the following:
- Remove certain overused combinations and strategies and start building a new and more diverse meta to improve the longevity of the game.
- Provide you with easier ways to initially obtain monsters.
- Reduce combat complexity (create clear monster archetypes) and provide a selection of meta-viable options without compromising the gameplay depth.
- A lower learning curve for each monster, so it’s easier to learn how to use a monster from day 1.
- Provide a clear and understandable rank-up process for all the monsters.
- Provide clear benefits for ranking up.
We believe that these changes will be beneficial for Monster Legends’ longevity and will allow players to have fun with the game in many different ways. We’re going to follow players’ feedback after the release as we’re ready to make some changes if necessary. We hope you’ll join us on this journey.
There are definitely more topics, like rune unlocking, relics, possible Mythic Team Wars in the far future, etc. that we want to address later on in the upcoming months.
In case you have more questions, let us know here in the Forum.
See you on the other side!