Hey Dragon City Players,
I'd like to share here a few ideas I have for the game, some that are specifically my own and other's that I have heard echoed by other players. While the game has evolved over the years in mostly good ways, here are some ideas based on how the game currently is that I would be interested in seeing sometime in the near future.
1. Crystal Gold Boosters for Light, War, Pure, Primal, and Wind Habitats
- I know I'm going to sound like a bit of a broken record on this one because many have already said it before, but if we have Crystal gold boosters for most of the habitats in the game already, why not release the remaining few missing ones? I think it would just make sense and help with gold collection too.
2. Update Crystal Designs and Animate Them
- This is something small, but also something I think would add a more updated and cool look to the game. I think the elemental crystal gold boosters we currently have already look a bit outdated and should be updated and animated, maybe glimmers rising off some of them, maybe some spin in a circular motion, etc. I have seen a tree decoration (maybe from the Fae Dragons event?) that has yellow glimmers that rise off it, so I know animating decorations is possible for the developers. I just think that applying some sort of animation to these crystals, along with updating their design, would be kind of cool. Which brings me to my next point...
3. More Decorations, Expanding Decor Shop
- I think they need to update the decorations shop in the game. I suggest that they add past decorations along with some new ones for purchase so that players can have more freedom to customize and personalize their islands. There are players, myself included, who like to customize their islands a bit, but being a veteran player there's not really much use of the Decor Shop with how it currently is. There's only so many mushrooms, flowers, flags, and water fountains you can buy before it just becomes too much Adding past decorations from past events along with some new decorations from time to time will add another layer of creativity to the game. Maybe certain decorations can be released and sold at specific times based on events, the time of the year, and holidays. Maybe items once removed and cleared from islands could be repurchased and used as a decoration. I think adding more purchasable decorations would ultimately make the Decor Shop more relevant to all players, especially for veteran players, and allow for more personalized customization for players.
4. Make Alliances More Cooperative
- With my alliance and others, members typically use it mostly as a way to get rewards. It's kind of selfish and not really a teamwork kind of thing. The chat is usually just members asking for and trading orbs they want to summon a dragon or requesting orbs to empower one. The alliance chest does allow members to work together towards something by performing certain tasks, but gets a little dull after a while with repetitive actions and rewards. Other than that, alliances really don't function in the sense that the word "alliance" implies. I think I'd like to see something like Boss Battles/Boss Raids, something where members can put up one of their strongest dragons during an event and players can watch as their dragon alongside their alliance members dragons fight against a strong boss, and maybe their awards are based on the amount of damage done by the end of the event or if they defeated the boss. Each day, there can be the opportunity for each member to initiate a fight against the boss, and then be required to have a 12-24 hour recovery time before returning for another fight. The bosses health depletes with each fight, rather than starting each battle with their health bar fully replenished. Just an idea.
5. Redesign Past Dragons and Changing Rarity through Community Vote
- There are some dragons in the game for each of us that I think we like and grew attached to for a time, but unfortunately these dragons either have a now outdated design or their rarity / category level makes them weak compared to the newer dragons and ones with a higher rarity / category level. For example, I used to really like the Saturn Dragon and it was my highest level dragon for a time. I really admired the design and was focused on empowering it. However, with updates and time, I realized that it wasn't a very strong dragon in battle. Also, if you look at the Saturn Dragon now along with some other older dragons, there design is lacking and out of date compared to the recently released dragons. What I would like to suggest is that maybe once a month the game developers could allow the community to vote on one (1) past dragon for the artist team to update. This dragons design and animation would be updated to current quality standards, maybe give it new trainable attacks, and either move it up one rarity, or maybe simply assign it the Legend rarity depending on the dragon. The new design can be released eventually in the form of a game update, or also as a new skin if that's easier for the developers. I'm sure there's other dragon too that the community would like to see a design upgrade too.
6. Training Center Training Gym, Shorter Training Times
- I saw this on a post on here and agree with the idea. I think it would be beneficial to players to allow for more training centers so that players can train multiple dragons at a single time. OR, why not allow players to upgrade their Training Center into a Training Gym? Players can use gold, gems, or some type of Training Center Tokens to upgrade the building so that it works like a habitat where you can have 4 or more dragons training at a single time. It would also function more like how we use the word training center / gym today as a place where multiple individuals can go to get stronger. Also, I think the training times have always been a bit extreme. 2 days to train one attack only among 3 others seems a bit excessive, even more so when you have a few other dragons you want to train and really want to use right away in battles. I understand having long training times adds a sense of patience and realism to learning a new skill, but at least maybe consider allowing the option for more training centers so that players can train two or more dragons at a time.
7. Add a Dragon Skins Shop
- While I know its not like we have a ton of skins in the game at the moment, I think we should have the opportunity to purchase skins in the game. I noticed that in the past months, they did add a chest in the Heroic Race that randomly rewards you with a heroic dragon skin, but what if you get a heroic skin for a heroic dragon that you don't own? By allowing players to purchase heroic skins, they can select the exact skin they need. Especially since at the moment, there's really only one chance to get a Heroic Dragon's skin, that being during their heroic race. Maybe the skins can be purchased somewhere in the hundred millions gold area (adding a sense of difficulty to purchase the skins) but also can be purchased for 100 gems, which I think would be fair and falls in line with strategizing for players who conserve gems rather than spending money on them. For me personally, I'd like to get the High Fallen, High Ethereal, High Arcane, and High Scorchwings armor skin, but I know its also different for everybody.
9. Add Purpose to Breeding Sanctuary and Ancient World
- Simply, they don't have much purpose once you get the few dragons you need from them. I think the developers can add more levels to the breeding sanctuary, and maybe also add new ancient world dragons to bring to dragon city. If I click on the ancient world right now, its only by accident. And the breeding sanctuary I use just as a breeding building.
10. Add More Breedable Air and Ancient World Dragons
- Their rarities will obviously be Common, Rare, Very Rare Dragons and while they won't be uniquely strong, they'll give purpose again to the breeding mountain, breeding tree, and breeding sanctuary. I'm a bit surprised that they released the Wind dragon, a new element, and a new Wind habitat without a list or line up of breedable wind dragons, so I think we definitely need more breedable dragons from elements we don't see a lot of and should see it at some point in the future.
11. Redesign Runner Island
- While at first I thought the idea was new and different and potentially fun, now I just really hate this event. This may be just a me problem, but runner island is pretty frustrating as it currently is, in the way you have to perform tedious tasks to collect wind tokens only to play and fly a short distance before hitting an annoying object or that famous area we all know with three rocks that seem impossible to jump over. I suggest redesigning the mechanics and design of the race.
12. New Types of Mini-Game Events
- Aside from not liking Runner Island all that much, I think players would like to see some new min-games with a different style to them might not be such a bad idea. I know we all like to work with something we're familiar with and know how the Maze, Fog, Puzzle, Race, and Runner Island all work by now, but maybe creating something new and different might be worth considering. I can't offer a specific suggestion, just an idea that came to my head while making up this list.
13. New Attacks, New Trainable Skills, New Special Skills
- For me, this game would be kind of boring without any competitive edge to it, and so the fighting system is kind of important, as is the leveling up, and the attacks / trainable attacks. I would like to see new attacks added for each element. I think there's a lot of room still to expand in this area and it would really excite players. There' so many attack names and idea's you could come up with for each element. I think some of us would really like to see some new, vamped up Ancient World element attacks. They developers have kind of started this with the Titans and Vampire dragons, and I think it worked kind of great and would like to see more of it.
14. Introduce Dual Element Type Attacks
- I know this is may be a sensitive topic for some because they like how the current attack system is and it could get messy and complicated if you try to introduce new concepts to it, but just hear me out. This is an idea I came up with while drawing a few dragon designs for a post thread in Creativity. I think it would be interesting if some new attacks / special attacks had dual elements to them. These type of dual element attacks could be a special skill, if necessary, as a way to not create such a great disadvantage in battles. These dual element attacks would combine two elements (Fire + War, Water + Nature, Electric + Wind), and thus these attacks would have a slightly greater range to deal critical damage against an opponent. I understand with this type of idea though comes with it some criticism since it would slightly introduce something new and different to the fighting mechanics, but I think its maybe one way to creatively explore expanding attacks and special skills in the game.
15. Easier and Better Chances at Rebuilding Towers
- Maybe this is just my own problem, but I've been sending dragons to fix towers and find missing pieces to those towers for years now and even being a level 90+ player it still has taken a while to rebuild all these towers. Just like how they recently made the feeding system a little easier on us, I think they should better the odds for these towers when rebuilding them. I can't tell you the countless times I've seen dragons in with a green bar, suggesting I had great odds to find a piece, and would have no success and just receive food.
16. Expand the Range for Primal Type Dragons
- Someone suggested this somewhere and I really agree with it. Primal element dragons should not have to exclusively be dinosaur-like for them to be a Primal type. I think the developers / art team needs to expand their range for Primal to create more dragons for this element. I have seen some signs of this in the game already that they're starting to do this, but I hope going forward they won't limit Primal type dragons. Primal is basically another word for ancient, and so there's ways to apply to different ancient themed dragons that don't just look like dinosaurs.
17. No More or Less Of Humanoid, Food, YouTuber's, and Pop Culture Dragons in the Game
- I'm not a huge fan of the humanoid dragons in the game, nor one's based on food, machines, or YouTubers or anything Pop Culture. I understand that some of these are done for marketing purposes and to promote the game, but it's just a little disappointing at times seeing these type of dragons in the game. I also understand that some dragons are created to help highlight the look of the more epic ones, but I personally would prefer it if they tried staying within the Dragon / Mythical Beast spectrum going forward with future designs.
18. Quests, Change Up Requirements, Add New Quests
- Quests are a bit frustrating at with where I am currently at in the game. I'm currently on the Sky Queen Cup but I've been here for a while because I really don't feel like leveling up my flaming rock dragon to level 30. It feels like a waste of food, and more and more with Quests Cups, there are requirements for players to level up dragons they are not keen on leveling up, and food is such an important commodity in the game that myself and other players don't really want to waste it on dragons we don't really care to level up. I would like to see maybe these Quests Cups ease up on the requirements so that I can resume aspiring to make progress in quests cup battles. As of right now, I haven't made progress in such a long time. Also, maybe introduce some new Quests Cups?
Well, those are all my ideas for now. Let me know what you think in the comments below. Leave some feedback or suggestions. Feel free to upvote this topic if you agree with the ideas and your welcome to share your ideas here too so that we can have a shared conversation about things we'd like to see in the game