@C0ntr1v3d said in Burotgor - First Impressions.:
We were informed of the Burotger changes here (after you asked for him to be changed, as an aside) - before the Race was underway.
If he were improved now, how many players would howl that had they known he would be improved they would have made the effort to either compete for him in the race, or jump to a group where they didn't need to compete for him.
No we were not. All I asked for was for the description to match the moves damage values, not to completely ruin him. And the wiki was NOT updated till much later. Moreover, last thing Carlos said after the feedback was: we are debating Burtogor here in the house. He did not say it was finalized and it made sense he would take the feedback into consideration.
And I personaly pmed him and asked him if he would let us know on this thread when the moves are finalized, he said yes, but it never happened.
And on top of that the updates section in the game already described Bloodthirsty as it was originally and was never changed. Not all people come here to this particular thread you know, all they had to base it on was the game itself and the wiki.
And to be frank Paul, I don't feel you are playing devil's advocate, you did not want him to improve from the moment I simply asked for the values to match the description, and you have been invested to counter whatever suggestions were made. You are an awesome player, a player who dislikes aoes because of the 5% lower chance to hit, there is no way you would be ok with a move that blinds self and makes moves only 45% accurate and 50% effects. I feel you have been biased against this one whether it is intentional or not. Had this not been a race monster or a race monster AMAB was going for, I believe you would have been singing a different tune.
You have a 130 earth hydratila, tesaday and atum, this doesn't really matter that much to you. It does to us. So please instead of playing devil's advocate, play players' advocates, or no one's advocate at all.
If he is improved he brings more variety and competetiveness to us mid teams, and you said it yourself before that's what makes the game fun.