A number of people are still having issues and getting error messages when trying to join an alliance. If this is you, there are a few things you can try.
First and foremost this is a mobile only feature At this time, the Alliance events are not available in the Facebook platform. If you don’t have a mobile device, you can search for an Android emulator.
For everyone else still having this issue, you can try the usual steps:
- Empty your cache files.
- Delete any unused apps, pictures, music, etc.
- Completely reboot your device...shut completely down for a minute or 2 before turning it back on.
- Delete and reinstall the app. As long as your game is associated to Facebook, you won't lose your progress
Once you have done this, select the social menu on the bottom, left area of your game. Go into the Alliance section. If you have the tab that says My Alliance, then you are already in an alliance that you will need to leave.
- To join an alliance either search or select the alliance name, not the join button.
- Select view
- Check to make sure the Alliance is open, you have the master points required, and they have room. Alliance can have 20 members.
- Then select join
If you still have the issue after this, please let us know below so we can get an idea of how widespread this is, and we can report it to the community manager.