I still disagree, I think we will leave this one going for discussion purposes. However if someone wants to start compiling tips, I or @bettina-löffler can move them to the first post to make them easier to find.
As much as I do them I am not sure what tips would make them easier.
It's very hard to read this on mobile when it gets to 9 pages. Unlike on PC, the mobile browser doesn't let me just jump to the last page.
One thing to keep in mind is that it's easy to think you need to keep all similar habitats on a single island. You don't.
Another misconception is that you need a lot of terra and flame habitats. You don't. In fact you want to minimize those because they don't hold much gold. I have eliminated all of them except for the ones that are upgraded with tokens. Take a look at your dragons with the Terra element... all but two of them (Terra and Double Terra) also have another element. Any other habitat is a better home for that dragon.
As far as that goes, then, there's a tier of where you want to try to put your dragons. You want to put them in the habitats that hold the most gold because you're not in the game every 5 minutes collecting, right? Specifically, Flame, Terra, Sea, Nature aren't that great and you should store your excess of those and replace them with higher-gold-capacity habitats that can still hold your dragons.
Part of the reason you try to keep them together is because of the crystals. There are Flame crystals and Terra crystals for example, and you would think you want those by Terra and Flame habitats. You don't. You want those by Terra and Flame dragons in upgraded habitats that hold lots of gold. I happen to like Light and Dark habitats for that because there are a lot of dragons that are say Terra/Dark or Terra/Light that can sit there just fine and produce +20/40/60/80% gold for being near a crystal even though they are in the "wrong color" habitat.
When it comes to those specific elements, Terra and Flame, there are a whole lot of dragons that have both. Why not put them in the best upgraded habitats you can and surround them with BOTH the Terra and Flame crystals?
So see what I did here...on the upper left I have an Electric, Light, and two Dark habitats in a row. All of those have Flame dragons in them (Flame/Electric, Flame/Light, etc.) . In front of those are the four Flame habitats I still have, all of them upgraded and all of them with Flame/Terra dragons in them. I stuck all four of the crystals right there so they hit the back row to some extent as well as the next row in which is an Electric, two Terras and a Dark, all containing Terra/Flame dragons as well. Behind that I have another lonely Terra (upgraded it can hold 70K), then light and two darks that contain Terra/Light and Terra/Dark dragons.
I stuck the Dragon Market in the middle because I had a bit of waste space. I don't go out for decorations but there are some spaces around the edges here that you could put flowers or tiles or whatever.
If you want, I'll show you another of my islands and what I did to maximize it, but this is the general point.
I didn't even attempt the Hard path because after the previous Dragon Rescue where we needed specific dragons to progress. On those I spent gems rushing the last few key quests to get myself the needed keys, and then couldn't proceed because of the cooldown on the one specific dragon I needed. I wasn't going to do that again so I skipped it.
The annoying part of an event like this is that it pulls gems/money out of you early to get one thing, thinking that's all you'll need to get. Then you learn progressively about the other things you need. It takes advantage of the sunk cost fallacy to make players keep pushing out gems/money to get the next piece of it. Since they already spent 900 gems on the dragons they needed and 500 to get the orbs to empower them, because it's not clear if they need to be empowered or not, and then 250 more rushing all the quests to get the keys. If the game had just said it's 1650 gems to get the keys and all the dragons at the beginning, nobody would have done it.
We do, and that's a huge improvement but it would be nice to just be able to change one setting to put all the farms on the same time/yield. For example if you have three farms on 30 minute and ten farms on 9 hours and two farms on 24 hours, it would be nice to have one way to set all farms to do the same thing.
When you're doing things like a race where you want 30 second farms sometimes and 30 minute farms other times and 3 hour farms... it would be easier to set them all at one time.
It would just make it easier to change all your farms at the same time. It's not an urgent change. None of these are urgent except maybe the first one.
I’ve found a number of recent changes to be beneficial, such as normalizing the ice and metal habitats, adding search functions in the breeding tree and mountain, and expanding the search functions in the dragon book.
Since it seems like the game designers are willing to make changes, I’d like to offer a few (15) suggestions:
- Remove the restriction on number of habitats per level. It enforces a cap on the ultimate number of active dragons and thus on the amount of enjoyable play remaining. I’m at a point where I will start missing new dragons because I have nowhere to put them. You already have a restriction based on real estate, make me buy more islands but let me buy more habitats.
- Or… let us buy infinite Kindergartens at escalating prices. This would be less optimal but would still let me continue playing the game without selling off my collection.
- Since the focus is moving away from having friends open islands for you, just offer a set price for the islands in real money or gems rather than have us buy each section individually.
- Offer a way to go backwards in the Arenas, pick a different Arena to play in, or just downgrade your Arena rank.
- Let us re-do quests we’ve already completed with orbs for a final reward instead of the dragon.
- Install new towers off the other newer islands. Suggestions:
A tower that doubles all Win counts (for rank calculation) while active 1 hr/day.
A tower that doubles the effectiveness and/or halves the time of all other towers.
A tower that creates a random 10-step Quest (gold, food, one of the generic ones) 1/week
A tower that lets you pick an element to get a 10% damage bonus 1/day
A tower that gives you a set number of random orbs 1/day
A tower that gives you a set number of random tokens 1/day
- Expand the breeding sanctuary past level 8 by making other interesting older dragons breedable. (But not the ones most of us already have.)
- Provide some sort of reason to put up décor. A bonus to gold production maybe?
- Provide crystals for the other elements. Give me a reason to keep the habitats together.
- Unlink the hatch time and the recall/empower times. Make them standard per Rarity. Barring that, tell us in advance what the time will be. (I dislike taking 2 days to recall a dragon.)
- Offer a way to set all the farms to do the same thing rather than click on 15 different farms to set them.
- Obviously, more farms would be nice, or an expanded superfarm that takes more real estate and has bigger yield options.
- Take the timer off Speedy and Greedy. Why not make it usable all the time? It costs no resources and saves nothing but user annoyance.
- Make that new flag that says when a habitat is upgradeable a bit bigger.
- When hatching a dragon, don’t zoom to the Dragonarium and/or a random open habitat.
Feel free to agree/disagree with me or offer your own suggestions.
The hidden wait times are coming too soon and for too long.
I like the change to make spins cost 20 instead of 30 and I appreciate that they are more effective now. However I do not like that once I pay for a spin it restarts my 24 hour free spin timer. So if I use my free spin at 5 AM, I'm set to have another one tomorrow at 5 AM. If I then pay for a spin at noon, it will reset my free spin until noon tomorrow. This is likely an unintended disincentive to paying for spins.
Hi all, new posting here but I've been lurking for a time.
Can anyone tell me how it's possible to find someone with two High Portal dragons in the Arena or Leagues? The High Portal just came out and I can't figure out how someone already has two of them.
To be clear, I'm not accusing anyone of cheating, just curious if I've missed a source of heroics.