Here is my suggestion for fixing the overpopulation issue. Clearly, adding capacity to the habitats and adding islands is a non-starter. Instead, I suggest adding a new, empty, "continent" complete with its own set of islands. This is not an expansion of our existing territory that we scroll to but instead we load a new space, much like visiting other players territories. There will be no hardware concerns because this new continent is loaded only when we travel to it. Max monsters loaded on any given continent is 90 habitats X 4 monsters
How the mechanics would work
- new continent can be purchased only when all current islands are purchased AND the monster vault is purchased
- The monster vault becomes the "monster portal" and is prepopulated on the new continent
- The contents of the monster vault/portal is identical no matter which continent is being viewed providing a method of moving monsters between continents. View the portal/vault -> select monster -> move
- The cost of the new continent can be discounted based on the number of vault slots purchased, as a good will gesture to players already heavily invested in the vault
- Because the vault acts as a portal, there is still a benefit to unlocking, or having unlocked, slots to make shuffling monsters easier. Developing players can still use the vault knowing they will get a discount later.
- this solution is scale-able. Once the monster count climbs past 720, 2 continent capacity, add another continent with more islands to populate.
If SP is feeling generous, they could also provide us with more boosts and farms now that we have more space available (and breeding trees and hatcheries :D)
On the flip side, the cost to unlocking islands could be exceptionally expensive, say $500M or $1B, to encourage players to fully develop their starting continent before being able to move on, or the instant gratification method...
Imagine how happy the high level players will be to let all their monsters out of the vault. Those monsters will be super happy for a breath of fresh air. Players will be happy that the solution doesn't crash their crummy old phones. So much happiness.
I'm pretty happy with this event despite a frustrating morning. I'm in the gold league (410 coins per victory) and managed to get to the last 2 flips for free. I decided to gem the prize for 345 or so because who knows when I'll ever get a shot at another diamond relic. I ended up with a Tenacity Shield so that's cool. Combine that with a lvl 9 strength rune I just crafted and Bella might take over the lead attack roll on my team
I should have been able to do the third to last flip for free but lost my last battle because lvl 130 looked like 100 to my sleep blurred eyes. Paid to get another pvp, won and X'd out of the wheel before spinning because I'm a bonehead, paid and lost again... sigh... then finally paid and won. I flipped a 3 gem card so extra fights earned me nothing except bullheaded stubbornness
Has anyone else had trouble getting eggs during the past couple Monsterwood events? Usually I get at least 1 egg, if not 2 or 3, over the course of the event. The past past two times, Nautilus and Soulfagous, I got no eggs, zero, despite watching all the videos every 12 hours.
I have been getting a few gems mixed in with the food and gold which was unexpected. Did I used to have exceptionally good luck that has now ended? Or maybe I hit some level/monster power/monster count threshold that turns off the egg drop? I would gladly trade the 3 or so gems I got for 1 or 2 Nautilus eggs.
Anyone else notice this?
@ravenxhale I don't check every discount period but generally what I have noticed from the past 3 or so mazes is that the very first hour of the maze is at 30% then most, if not all, the rest are at 10% except the very last one being 20%.
I plan for 10% discounts.
- AoE freeze+possession 0 cooldown move
- team life and stamina regen
- AoE positive effect removal
- AoE freeze move
- AoE stun move
- some attacking moves
- AoE freeze
- single possess (giving her double-damage)
- single freeze (giving her damage boost)
(thank you @fffssdfqrw for Brynhilda details)
I only have Kihaku and I love him for the survival dungeons. He can deny the enemy team then apply regen to the team so my team is at 100% for the next node. Ihtiander cannot do that.
If Kihaku was not in this maze, I would have aimed for Ihtiander. Instead I want more Kihaku cells
@yomi-que to be fair, double gold and food production is more beneficial for underdeveloped players. Gold is in short supply when levelling up temples, rune building, the lab and building legendary habitats.
Wonder if this will also double the resource gathering for 72 hr challenges...
100% Food production. Meh (there is already a guardian, unless the effects stack which will make it just ok).
Yes, the guardian effects stack for me. I'm only at 50% guardian but getting 300,000 food from black lotus
edit: added screen shot
@nynaevelan I managed to get to all the eggs with zero spend. On Cryotan, I made it to the egg with one collection left and really should have been able to move one node further. Something went screwy during the last collection and the maze bank was not increasing by the same amount as the coin bubbles were showing.
My last breed and hatch collection showed about 88 total coins (40 for hatch and 48 for breed) but my maze coins only increased by about 50. A gold collection showed 10 coins but only 1 in the maze. By the event close, I was few coins shy of taking one more step